Kettering Medical Center Network
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Credentialed Medical Assistant - Dr. Scott Russell
at Kettering Medical Center Network
- Job ID
- Job Category
- Medical Assistant
- Job Type
- First Shift
- # of Openings
- 80 Hours Per Pay Period/FTE 1.0
Do you want to work with a team of highly engaged healthcare providers where you can make a direct impact on patient care for our community?
Kettering Physician Network employs more than 600+ providers, including physicians and advanced practice providers, throughout the Greater-Dayton and Cincinnati areas. Offering an extensive range of specialties and expertise, our physicians provide comprehensive care at more than 120 locations.
Responsibilities & Requirements
Under the supervision of the provider and/or practice leader, assists and delivers patient care duties, and provides administrative support throughout the practice. This position assists the provider in examination and treatment of patients, performing miscellaneous delegated duties under the direction of provider. This position also interviews patients, measures vital signs, and records information in patients' charts. Prepares treatment rooms for examination of patients. The position will be cross-trained to perform duties to enhance efficiency and continuity of delivery of patient care.
High School Diploma or equivalent.
Successful attainment and retention of CCMA, CMA (AAMA) or NCMA certification or RMA plus documented completion of a Medical Assisting program through an accredited institution of higher learning.
Basic Life Support certification required.
- Ability to communicate and relate well with office staff, ancillary departments and public, follow direction, accept orders and perform repetitive tasks, be patient, courteous, and tactful.
- Able to work under time constraints, multi-task, and work autonomously with little direction.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality and follow directions.
- Graduate of an accredited medical assisting program preferred.
1-year clinical experience in a medical/physician office setting preferred.
- Practical knowledge in the following areas is preferred: examination process, diagnostic and treatment room procedures, medical equipment and instruments, safety hazards and precautions, confidentiality/discretion.
- Experience with use of electronic medical records preferred.