Kettering Medical Center Network
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Front Office Specialist - Float Pool
at Kettering Medical Center Network
- Job ID
- Job Category
- Administrative/Business Support
- Job Type
- First Shift
- # of Openings
- Shift Time
- 80 Hours Per Pay Period/FTE 1.0
Do you want to work with a team of highly engaged healthcare providers where you can make a direct impact on patient care for our community?
Kettering Physician Network employs more than 600+ providers, including physicians and advanced practice providers, throughout the Greater-Dayton and Cincinnati areas. Offering an extensive range of specialties and expertise, our physicians provide comprehensive care at more than 120 locations.
Responsibilities & Requirements
Under supervision of the Practice Manager, is typically the first point of contact (phone and in-person) for the office. Notifies office staff when patient is ready to be seen. Provides a wide variety of administrative support duties to include: updating files, creating reports, memos and forms, billing/bookkeeping, maintaining inventory and office supplies.
The Front Office Specialist is responsible for:
- Greets patients and visitors in a courteous and friendly manner.
- Answers telephone calls, screens calls, arranges appointments, and referrals.
- Obtains information, answers questions, and notifies physician or assistant of patient's arrival.
- Prepares new records, organizes files, and maintains records.
- Types correspondence, reports, e-memos, forms.
- Sorts and distributes mail.
- Any other duties relating to the business operation of the medical practice that may be assigned by the physician(s) or practice office manager.
- Completion of a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Previous front office experience or background in general office work.
- Ability to comprehend established office routines and policies.
- Learns quickly from oral and written instructions.
- Ability to operate a computer.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Knowledge of CPT & ICD-9 coding.
- Understand the ethics of confidentially.
- Good organization skills
- Tact and diplomacy
- Electronic medical records experience preferred.
- Epic training/knowledge preferred.