Kettering Medical Center Network
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Nursing Assistant - Grandview Medical Center - 5 West - FT Nights
at Kettering Medical Center Network
- Job ID
- Job Category
- Nursing Assistant
- Job Type
- Third Shift
- # of Openings
- Shift Time
- 12 hour nights
- 72 Hours Per Pay Period/FTE 0.90
Kettering Health Network is a not-for-profit network of eight hospitals, and over 120 outpatient facilities serving southwest Ohio. Patients have access to high quality maternity care, state-of-the-art cancer fighting technology, Ohio’s leading heart hospital, as well as revolutionary brain and spine surgery. With nearly 12,000 employees and 2,100 physicians, Kettering Health Network is committed to transforming the healthcare experience with world class health services for every stage of life.
- Providing quality, whole—person care to Dayton and the surrounding communities for over 90 years.
- Over 20 specialties, including orthopedics, heart and vascular, surgery, and trauma services.
- Meeting the growing need in our community, Grandview expanded their heart and vascular services at to include an additional Cath lab and electrophysiology lab.
Responsibilities & Requirements
- The Nursing Assistant serves as a member of the interdisciplinary team.
- The NA collaborates with unit leadership in coordinating the day to day activities of the patient care unit. This includes the processing of patient records and ongoing communication with nursing staff, physicians and interdepartmental personnel.
- The NA serves as a resource for physicians and other members of the health care team for the electronic medical record.
- The NA performs nursing care skills that have been delegated by the licensed nurse. She/he plays an integral role in the patient care experience and both directly and indirectly impacts the perception of care.
Applicants Must Have:
- High School Graduate or equivalent.
- Successful completion of Health Coordinator training.
- Successful completion of Nursing Assistant Orientation and/or an abbreviated Nursing Assistant orientation for student nurses
- Six months experience as a nursing assistant in a hospital or a long-term care facility.
- Student Nurses who have successfully completed their first clinical experience with documentation of skills from clinical faculty are exempt from this requirement
Would Prefer Applicants Have:
- Proven effective interpersonal and communication skills
- Appropriate telephone etiquette
- Basic computer knowledge and keyboarding skills
- Customer service skills
- Able to multitask, prioritize and function in a high stress environment
- Certification in CPR/BLS