Kettering Medical Center Network
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Patient Accounts Rep - Full Time - Days - Admin Support Business
at Kettering Medical Center Network
- Job ID
- Job Category
- Patient Financial Services
- Job Type
- First Shift
- # of Openings
- Shift Time
- 80 Hours Per Pay Period/FTE 1.0
Kettering Health Network’s Patient Financial Services Department offers highly engaged individuals which possess an outstanding work ethic the opportunity to achieve and advance their skills while participating in the Network’s Mission to improve the quality of life of the people in the communities we serve.
Responsibilities & Requirements
- Under the direction of the Patient Accounts Manager or Supervisor the Patient Accounts Representative is responsible for daily billing functions including but not limited to working claim edits, review of insurance claims for accuracy, contacting various parties for further information on unpaid claims, identifying issues resulting in non-payment, and working first level appeals…all incompliance with departmental policies and procedures.
- Must display knowledge retention through scheduled competency assessments.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Essential Skills:
- Timely resolution of claim edits allowing timely claim submission
- Timely follow-up of unpaid claims, worked to ensure maximum reimbursement following compliant standards
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively within a team environment
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Experience in Microsoft office tool
- Previous experience in patient billing preferred
- Epic experience a plus