Kettering Medical Center Network
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
SGRC LPN - Full Time - Days - 12 hrs/day - SGRC
at Kettering Medical Center Network
- Job ID
- Job Category
- Job Type
- 12 Hour Shift
- # of Openings
- 72 Hours Per Pay Period/FTE 0.90
If you want to be a part of a team that is dedicated to delivering the highest quality in patient care, we invite you to explore the LPN opportunity with Kettering Health Network and apply online today!
Sycamore Glen Retirement Community is a licensed residential care facility and serves both Assisted Living and Independent Living residents in apartment settings. The LPN provides nursing care to residents through the application of basic knowledge of the biological, physical, behavioral, social and nursing sciences. The LPN supervises and delegates appropriately to the caregiving staff. Assisted Living services include assistance with activities of daily living, i.e., bathing, dressing, and grooming to meet the physical and psychosocial needs of the residents.
Responsibilities & Requirements
- Demonstrates through behavior Kettering Health Network’s core Values of Integrity, Compassion, Balance, Excellence, Stewardship and Teamwork.
- Provides direct patient care within the scope of the State Nurse Practice Act. Turns paperwork in daily.
- Implements plan of care initiated by the Nurse Manager and Clinical Coordinators.
- Provides accurate and timely documentation consistent with the plan of care.
- Updates medication profile as needed.
- Assesses and provides patient/caregiver education and information pertinent to disease process, self-care techniques, health promotion and disease prevention.
- Reports any changes in patient’s condition to the Family/Physician with reports documented in the clinical record and implements physician’s new orders.
- Performs drug regimen review at every visit.
- Participates in coordination of care reporting the identified needs for other disciplines to the Nurse Manager.
- Performs medication administration per policy and procedures.
- Educates patient/care giver in administering of medication, including infection control.
- Maintains and orders effectively adequate supplies and stores correctly.
- Follows infection control guidelines, demonstrates appropriate use of PPE, performs hand washing per policy, uses correct bag technique, disposal of hazardous waste according to policy and follows safety regulations.
- Adheres to agency policies and procedures.
- Attend mandatory meetings, training sessions, in-services and team meetings.
- Meets productivity.
- Performs other duties as assigned or directed to ensure the smooth operation of the department.
- State of Ohio Licensed Practical Nurse License