Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
- Position Type
- Hourly Full-Time
- # of Openings
- Requisition ID
- Product Line
- Job Locations
- Aggregate Industries Management, Inc.
This position reports to the various Plant Supervisors. All duties are performed in a work-safe manner; plant safety rules are followed and individual works as a team member. The primary objective of this position is to perform electrical /maintenance processes through the proper installation, repair and preventative maintenance of plant equipment.
- Safely perform simple to complex electrical repairs and installs within a manufacturing setting
- Understand and comply with Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) policies to assure that environment, health and safety are the first priority of the business. Actively support key safety initiatives at the facility and assist the department as needed to improve EHS performance and results.
- Responsible for planning jobs.
- Documents new and existing electrical installations.
- Responsible for mechanical and electrical design and installation.
- Repairs critical equipment with available parts.
- Installs, repairs and performs preventative maintenance on all electrical equipment
- Must be able to work within a team environment as well as independently.
- Must be able to communicate to multiple levels within the organization
- Ensure compliance with internal control procedures - unwarranted deviations from established standards, and violations of policy or law
- Ability to work independently, self-starter, yet able to participate within a team environment
- Ability to operate equipment effectively
- Must keep all company property in good working order and clean.
- Must understand equipment functions and processes of the primary areas
- Must have an Associate’s degree in the electrical or electronics field or equivalent training.
- Ability to work independently.
- Must have knowledge to proficiently utilize PLC/PC’s.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Willingness to work overtime and respond to call-in.
- Commitment to further education.
- Previous surface mining experience preferred but not required
- Basic math, reading, and writing skills are required (English)
- Electrical and mechanical skills are required
Physical Requirements & Conditions:
- Must wear all Protective equipment as required by MSHA and to meet Company standards.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment physical/drug/alcohol test
Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to complete simple to complex electrical repairs and installs
- Knowledge of products, industry terminology
- Must be safety-oriented and exhibit safe work habits
- Punctual and reliable; good attendance required
- Good communication skills – verbal and listening
- Positive, courteous, and helpful approach
- Motivated and eager to learn new skills
- Willing to work overtime and weekends as needed
- Local USW 1117 preferred