Maple Wood Senior Living
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Cook/Chef - Part-time Day Shifts; Luxury Senior Living
at Maple Wood Senior Living
Cook/Chef: Days, Part-time; Assisted Living - Want to Be Out By 7pm!?
Maplewood Senior Living, an innovative, forward-thinking senior living provider, strives to inspire our associates to learn, develop, and succeed. As we continue to grow, we are seeking a devoted and caring Cook/Chef to become part of our family.
Maplewood at Chardon is hiring a Cook/Chef for part-time shifts. Must have rotating weekend and holiday availability. Shifts vary during the hours of 6am - 7pm.
We offer: ✦ Competitive wages ✦ Flexible schedules/shifts ✦ Paid Serve Safe training & certificate ✦ Paid orientation/training ✦ Growth opportunities ✦ Bonus & incentive programs ✦ No-cost uniforms
APPLY NOW, walk-in applications accepted daily 9am – 6pm or join us for Open Interviews every Tuesday 1pm - 4pm - Maplewood at Chardon, 12350 Bass Lake Dr. Chardon, OH
The Cook/Chef works directly with the Culinary Service Director and plays an integral role in planning and delivering an outstanding dining experience for our residents and guests.
- Maintain inventory
- Work with Culinary Services Director to order as needed
- Prepare appetizing meals based on Maplewood standards
- Clean and maintain food service areas
- Tastes and smells food to determine quality and palatability
- Engage with staff, residents, and guests to ensure high level of satisfaction
- Led kitchen staff to maintain positive working environment with a strong focus on team
- Working knowledge of rules and regulations related to health and safety in food preparation
- Knowledge of cooking times and temperatures essential in accordance to state guidelines
- Knowledge of various cuts of meat and seasonings
- Demonstrates ability in a wide range of food preparation and skills
- Experience in dealing with seniors and their dietary needs preferred
- Physically able to bend, reach, push, pull and lift up to 50 lbs at times
- Ability to work in a hot/humid environment for extended amounts of time
- Ability to read, write, and speak English
Maplewood Senior Living conducts pre-employment screening including background check, drug screening and reference checks.