Martin Health System
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Pharmacy Technician I Certified - 067400 - Pharmacy - South
at Martin Health System
067400 - Pharmacy - South
8 hr shifts, must be flex, weekends required
I. Basic Purpose:
Assists the pharmacist, under supervision, in preparation of medications for dispensing.
II. Major Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Complies with established corporate and departmental policies, procedures, objectives, quality assurance methods, and safety codes. Demonstrates compliance with licensing, regulatory and accrediting agency provisions as required.
2. Consistently demonstrates appropriate and professional communication behavior toward patients, customers, and coworkers. Cooperates with Management and peers to promote an environment of teamwork and collaboration.
3. Utilizes a broader knowledge of pharmacology, pharmaceutical calculations, and pharmacy practice to assist the pharmacist in preparation of meds and review of patient therapy.
4. Assists the pharmacist in dose calculations, order-entry, unit inspections, and data collection.
5. Prepares initial orders, prn requests, and refills medication cassettes for dispensing.
6. Charges or credits returned medications/IVs, stock medications, and controlled medications.
7. Generates required computer lists and reports at appropriate times; maintains department records, reports and files as required.
8. Assists in ordering, receiving, and restocking of supplies. Assists in distribution of medications/IVs to patient care areas.
9. Performs restocking procedures for floor stock items and automated dispensing machines.
10. Inspects pharmacy stock areas periodically for expired drugs, proper inventory levels and maintains a clean and orderly department.
11. Obtains required continued education credits to maintain certification.
12. Participates in educational programs and in-service meetings.
13. Attends meetings as required.
14. Performs all other duties as assigned or requested.
III. Minimum Requirements (experience, training, and education):
To effectively fulfill this position, candidate must meet the following requirements:
> Must have a high school diploma or equivalent. Six to twelve months pharmacy technician experience required. Hospital pharmacy technician experience preferred.
> Current, valid CPhT (Certified Pharmacy Technician) certification from Pharmacy Tecnhician Certification Board required;
> Pharmacy technician registration required as defined by the State of Florida – Primary Source online verification required directly from State of Florida licensing database.
Data entry, computer, math and communication skills required.