Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Maintenance Mechanic II - 198200 - Plant Operations - Tradition
at Martin Health
198200 - Plant Operations - Tradition
I. Basic Purpose:
Performs under general supervision, general, routine maintenance and servicing operations throughout the corporation's facilities and surrounding areas; Can perform moderate repairs on plumbing, electrical, and mechanical system items; Inspects all areas for necessary repairs to assure a safe environment for patients and staff
II. Major Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Complies with established corporate and departmental policies, procedures, objectives, quality assurance methods, and safety codes. Demonstrates compliance with licensing, regulatory and accrediting agency provisions as required.
2. Consistently demonstrates appropriate and professional communication behavior toward patients, customers, and coworkers. Cooperates with Management and peers to promote an environment of teamwork and collaboration.
Works with general supervision, determines priorities for work requests, and orders supplies as needed
3. Performs repairs to buildings and facilities, including painting, plastering, and moderate carpentry, plumbing or electrical services; Repairs manual door systems and assists in autodoor systems
4. Troubleshoots and performs minimal to moderate repairs on A/C equipment
5. Checks and replaces broken electrical components; Troubleshoots and repairs electrical systems, including lighting, beds, motors and controls of moderate difficulty
6. Performs building repairs, including drywall, concrete, tile, carpet, and wall covering; Prepares surfaces and paints as necessary
7. Performs plumbing repairs including faucets, toilets, valves, piping and clearing drains
8. Services and repairs machinery and mechanical equipment
9. Performs repairs to office furnishings such as desks, chairs, and cabinets
10. Performs moderate repairs to electrical mechanical systems (i.e. beds, stretchers, wheel chairs, scales, and pneumatic tube system)
11. Performs annual and periodic inspections to insure facility is in compliance with AHCA, JCAHO, and other regulatory agencies
12. Performs minor repairs to medical gas and oxygen wall distribution outlets
13. Participates in "on call" coverage as required
14. Keeps shops and work areas clean, neat and orderly; assists with care and maintenance of department equipment and supplies; returns tools to designated storage area
15. Participates in educational programs and inservice meetings, and completes paperwork documenting attendance
16. Attends meetings as required
17. Maintains department records, reports, and files as needed
18. Provides first response to disaster/emergency situations by assisting the affected area, as described in departmental procedures
19. Coordinates and provides oversight of work performed by contract workers and laborers
20. Duties may require access to secured medication rooms. While working in medication rooms, does not handle or remove medications. Ensures room is secure at all times and takes precautions to ensure that patients, family members, and general public do not enter medication room for any reason.
21. Maintains annual mandatory education requirements specific to position as mandated by Martin Health System.
22. Performs all other duties as assigned or requested.
III. Minimum Requirements (experience, training, and education):
To effectively fulfill the requirements of this position a candidate must have a high degree of mechanical and electrical aptitude, and has 3 - 5 years experience preferred, as a Maintenance Mechanic in a health care environment. The candidate must have a current Florida Driver's License. A high school degree or equivalent is desirable.