Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Internal Auditor
at Materion Corporation
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- Job Locations
- US-OH-Mayfield Heights
- Business Unit
- Relocation Provided
- Finance - Staff
Simply stated, Materion makes advanced materials that improve the world. We are a global leader in creating innovative, high performance engineered material solutions and services for a wide range of growth industries: high-tech consumer electronics, telecommunications, commercial aerospace, defense, medical, automotive, and many more.
Our products, services and expertise help enable our customers’ technologies. We supply sophisticated thin film coatings for hard disk drives, specialty inorganic chemicals for solar energy panels, bio-compatible materials for implantable medical devices, specialty alloys for miniature consumer electronics components, optical filters for thermal imaging, critical components for infrared sensing technology, special materials for LEDs and much more. As the world’s only integrated “mine-to-mill” supplier of beryllium-based products, we also offer beryllium, specialty engineered beryllium alloys and beryllium composites.
In 2016, we generated approx. $1B in revenue. As a team of 2,500 associates, we partner with customers in more than 50 countries. In early 2017, Materion closed on an exciting new acquisition that expands our footprint in the U.S., Europe and Asia.
For more information, please visit our website at http://materion.com/About and check out our video “Materion Is” along with other videos of our employees sharing what it means for them to work at Materion.
Click on any of the icons below to connect with Materion on social media.
JOB PURPOSE AND REPORTING STRUCTURE
Opportunity to join the Materion Internal Audit team as Senior Internal Audit professional and make a daily positive impact to the Company and its internal control environment. Materion Corporation (NYSE: MTRN) is one of the world’s premier high performance advanced materials companies. We are growing through continued organic advanced material product development and strategic acquisitions. Our advanced materials are used in multiple end industries and enhance our customers’ technologies and drive growth in products such as smartphones, tablets, data storage, LED lighting, gaming devices with gesture controls, future thermal imaging applications, analytical and medical X-Ray applications, medical electronic implantable devices, blood glucose test strips, automotive electronics, automotive hybrid batteries, and automotive racing and commercial vehicle components, just to name a few. You will have the opportunity to utilize a “what could go wrong” mind set to identify potential risk areas within key processes of focus as determined by the global risk assessment of the Company. Then you will collaboratively work on the development of risk responses/audit plans to address the identified risks and assist in the execution of those plans. Your work will be executed in a welcoming, forward thinking, and innovative corporate culture. As a member of the team your growth and experiences will take top priority to build your knowledge and career to be a future leader with Materion as you report to the VP of Internal Audit and Financial Planning & Analysis. We offer competitive salary, incentive bonus opportunity, tuition reimbursement, a competitive retirement plan, comprehensive healthcare and dental coverage and great advancement opportunities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
You will have the opportunity to:
- Develop audit programs and testing procedures relevant to risk and testing objectives.
- Conduct assigned audit engagements successfully from beginning to end and ensure audit conclusions are based on a complete understanding of the process, circumstances, and risk.
- Identify and communicate issues raised, offering recommended solutions relevant to business and risk to ensure any potential concerns are addressed in a timely and effective manner.
- Regularly interact with Company management and executives across all areas of the Company by assisting in the reporting of audit results and collaboratively working together to drive an environment of improved internal controls.
- Regularly interact with, and work alongside, third party service providers and the external financial audit team to assist in driving an efficient and effective integrated audit.
- Communicate assigned tasks to engagement team in a manner that is clear and concise ensuring high quality, accurate, and efficient results.
- Organize personal effort to be risk-based, productive, and efficient at all times.
- Influence the continuous improvement and development of the Internal Audit function.
- Focus on personal professional growth by taking on more challenging assignments, proactively seeking relevant education, experiences and training opportunities.
- Develop relevant business and industry growth in line with future opportunities within Internal Audit and the broader Materion Finance organization.
- Travel domestically and internationally, approximately 25% - 40%, to gain experiences relevant to your growth and the execution of assignments.
- Perform other related duties in line with your future goals and aspirations and as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, technology or the equivalent combination of Education, training, and work experience.
- 3 years audit experience
- One or more relevant professional certifications (i.e. CPA, CIA, CISA, CFE) preferred
- Public accounting firm experience is desirable but not required
- Knowledge of SAP considered a plus
- Experience in the manufacturing industry considered a plus
- Experience utilizing data analytics in auditing techniques considered a plus
Your additional experience and skill in these areas will be welcome assets to the team:
- Observe and understand business processes and the associated risk and control concepts, ensuring processes are documented completely and accurately
- Proactively researching business best practice concepts in order to apply as appropriate
- Solid listening skills and ability to identify gaps in logic – inquisitive
- Strong sense of confidentiality, professionalism, maturity, judgment and self confidence.
- Strong organization and follow up skills including the ability to handle competing priorities and meet all deadlines and commitments
- Detail oriented, yet able to see the big picture.
- Reliability and the ability to assume responsibility with, sometimes, minimal direction and supervision
- Possess an appropriate combination of technical expertise in fields such as auditing, finance, technology, operations, or investigations
- Ability to flourish in a fast-paced, complex environment and willing to adapt to change via new circumstances, information and challenges
- Ability to give and follow instructions accurately and efficiently; proactive in asking clarifying questions to ensure work effort is directed wholly toward desired outcome
- Ability to recognize when learned theoretical concepts should be applied
- Ability to identify underlying root cause of an issue raised.
- Ability to identify sensitive issues and facilitate communications in a proactive manner to avoid surprises
- Demonstrate a positive, can-do attitude
- Demonstrated ability to lead/work in a small team and ensure successful results