Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Clinical Research Associate-Entry Level
- Clinical Operations
THIS POSITION IS OFFICE BASED AND REQUIRES RELOCATION TO CINCINNATI, OHIO OR DALLAS, TEXAS.
Medpace is a scientifically-driven, global, full-service clinical contract research organization (CRO) providing Phase I-IV clinical development services to the biotechnology, pharmaceutical and medical device industries. Medpace’s mission is to accelerate the global development of safe and effective medical therapeutics through its high-science and disciplined operating approach. We leverage local regulatory and deep therapeutic expertise across all major areas including oncology, cardiology, metabolic disease, endocrinology, central nervous system, anti-viral and anti-infective. Headquartered in Cincinnati, Ohio, Medpace employs approximately 3,000 people across 36 countries.
The Clinical Research Associate at Medpace is offering the unique opportunity to have an exciting career in the research of drug and medical device development while making a difference in the lives of those around them. For those with a medical and/or health/life science background who want to explore the research field, travel the US, and be part of a team bringing pharmaceutical and medical devices to market - this could be the right opportunity for you!
Our successful Clinical Research Associates possess various backgrounds in medical and other science-related healthcare fields. Backgrounds of individuals who have succeeded in the CRA role include:
- Pharmacy Technician/Pharmacist
- Pharmaceutical/Device Sales Representative
- Biomedical/Chemical Engineer
- Pharm.D candidates
- Health and Wellness Coordinators
- Research Assistants
MEDPACE CRA TRAINING PROGRAM (PACE)
No research experience is needed as Medpace provides comprehensive initial and ongoing training, unmatched by other CROs. Through our PACE Training Program, you will join other Professionals Achieving CRA Excellence:
- PACE provides the platform to effectively and confidently carry out your duties, enhance your current abilities and ultimately help you become a high-functioning independent Medpace CRA.
- PACE will prepare you by developing your CRA skills through interactive discussions and hands on job-related exercises and practicums.
- To supplement your in-house and field-based training you may also participate in other clinical research departmental core rotations, learning other aspects of the drug/device development and approval process.
WHY BECOME A CRA
This role takes you on a journey through travel and excitement which will allow you to make a difference on a large scale through the enhancement of pharmaceuticals and medical devices. The CRA position provides many other distinctive advantages including:
- Dynamic working environment, with varying responsibilities day-to-day
- Expansive experience in multiple therapeutic areas
- Work within a team of therapeutic and regulatory experts
- Defined CRA promotion and growth ladder with potential for mentoring and management advancements
- Competitive pay and opportunity for significant travel bonus
WE OFFER THE FOLLOWING
- Competitive travel bonus
- The opportunity to work from home
- Retain airline reward miles and hotel reward points
- Home office furniture allowance, laptop, mobile phone with hotspot for internet access anywhere
- In-house travel agents, reimbursement for airline club, TSA pre-check, and automatic enrollment in AAA
- Opportunity for CRA leadership positions – Lead CRA, CRA Manager
- Customized Fast PACE training program based on your experience and therapeutic background and interest
- User friendly CTMS with electronic submission and approval of monitoring visit reports
- Ongoing therapeutic training by our in-house physicians who are medical and regulatory experts
- Nationwide assignments with average of 2 protocols
- In-house administrative support for all levels of CRAs
- Opportunities to work with international team of CRAs
- Many additional perks unmatched by other CROs!
- Conduct qualification, initiation, monitoring, and closeout visits at research sites in compliance with the approved protocol;
- Communication with the medical site staff including coordinators, clinical research physicians, and their site staff;
- Verify adequate investigator qualifications, training and resources, including facilities, laboratories, equipment, and staff;
- Medical record and research source documentation verification against case report form data, including informing the site staff of any entry errors, ensuring good documentation practices are being adhered to and communicating protocol deviations appropriately per SOPs, GCP, and applicable regulatory requirements;
- Verification that the investigator is enrolling only eligible subjects;
- Regulatory document review;
- Medical device and/or investigational product/drug accountability and inventory;
- Verification and review of adverse events, serious adverse events, concomitant medications and corresponding illnesses to confirm accurate data reporting in accordance with the protocol;
- Assess the clinical research site’s patient recruitment and retention success and offering suggestions for improvement; and
- Completion of monitoring reports and follow-up letters, which includes providing summaries of the significant findings, deviations, deficiencies, and recommended actions to secure compliance.
- Must have a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in a health or science related field;
- Approximately 60-80% non-local, nationwide travel is required;
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license and the ability to drive to monitoring sites;
- Minimum 1 year relevant work experience preferred;
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft® Office;
- Strong communication and presentation skills; and
- Must be detail-oriented and efficient in time management.
When you join Medpace, you become part of a team dedicated to supporting the development of ground breaking drugs and devices. Our employees provide hope for those living with debilitating diseases. We invite you to be a part of something that is impacting millions of people around the globe while enjoying a competitive total compensation and benefits package and internal growth opportunities.
- Medpace Named a Top Cincinnati Workplace for 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018 by the Cincinnati Enquirer
- Winner of the ACRP-Avoca CRO Quality Award in 2018
- Recognized with six CRO Leadership Awards from Life Science Leader magazine
- Eagle Award winner - which recognizes outstanding leadership, professionalism, integrity, and dedication to advancing the clinical research profession through strong site partnerships
What to Expect Next
We look forward to receiving your application. A member of our recruitment team will review your qualifications and if interested, you will be contacted for an interview.
EO/AA Employer M/F/Disability/Vets
*WARNING: Please beware of phishing scams that offer opportunities with Medpace in exchange for sending money. These scammers pose as legitimate employees from actual companies. Please be advised that a Medpace employee will never ask you for a credit card, send you a check, or ask you for any type of payment as part of consideration for a role with our company. All of our careers require that you first complete an online application and go through some sort of interview process.