Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
- Finance & Accounting
Medpace is a scientifically-driven, global, full-service clinical contract research organization (CRO) providing Phase I-IV clinical development services to the biotechnology, pharmaceutical and medical device industries. Medpace’s mission is to accelerate the global development of safe and effective medical therapeutics through its high-science and disciplined operating approach. We leverage local regulatory and deep therapeutic expertise across all major areas including oncology, cardiology, metabolic disease, endocrinology, central nervous system, anti-viral and anti-infective. Headquartered in Cincinnati, Ohio, Medpace employs approximately 3,200 people across 36 countries.
- Develop, maintain and implement Medpace's US and international tax compliance model and tax strategies;
- Oversee completion of federal, international and state income tax returns including all related analysis and support;
- Provide tax advice on major corporate transactions to Executives;
- Perform in-depth tax research and evaluate alternative interpretations of key provisions in the US Internal Revenue Code using excellent professional judgment;
- Prepare detailed written memoranda as necessary to identify, analyze, resolve and document tax issues associated with proposed transactions and tax planning strategies;
- Coach, counsel and educate necessary Finance personnel and company leadership in tax compliance issues;
- Take steps to minimize audit risk associated with positions taken on US and State tax returns;
- Keep up to date with tax legislation, SEC Regulations, and US GAAP changes, practice and global developments;
- Manage the relationships with external consultants and advisors to ensure the organization receives satisfactory standards of service.
- Bachelor’s degree plus CPA or MBA;
- Ability to perform tax planning and strategic analysis to address national and international tax issues;
- Knowledge of IRS US and US international corporate income tax
- Working knowledge of IFRS financial reporting and US GAAP regulations and procedures;
- Demonstrated experience in performing in-depth tax research to minimize liability and resolve pertinent tax issue;
- Strong foundation of tax technical skills and compliance experience, including process and controls, use of tax tools and applications and relevant financial systems;
- Experience demonstrates ability to identify, analyze and communicate complex income tax issues and related implications on the Company to key stakeholders and Senior Management;
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain productive interfaces and collaborations with internal and external groups;
- Demonstrated ability to conceptualize and execute organizational strategy;
- Advanced knowledge of federal regulations regarding clinical studies and the conduct of such studies; and
- Excellent leadership, communication, presentation, organization and positive influencing skills.
When you join Medpace, you become part of a team dedicated to supporting the development of ground breaking drugs and devices. Our employees provide hope for those living with debilitating diseases. We invite you to be a part of something that is impacting millions of people around the globe while enjoying a competitive total compensation and benefits package and internal growth opportunities.
- Medpace Named a Top Cincinnati Workplace for 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018 by the Cincinnati Enquirer
- Winner of the ACRP-Avoca CRO Quality Award in 2018
- Recognized with six CRO Leadership Awards from Life Science Leader magazine
- Eagle Award winner - which recognizes outstanding leadership, professionalism, integrity, and dedication to advancing the clinical research profession through strong site partnerships
What to Expect Next
We look forward to receiving your application. A member of our recruitment team will review your qualifications and if interested, you will be contacted for an interview.
EO/AA Employer M/F/Disability/Vets
*WARNING: Please beware of phishing scams that offer opportunities with Medpace in exchange for sending money. These scammers pose as legitimate employees from actual companies. Please be advised that a Medpace employee will never ask you for a credit card, send you a check, or ask you for any type of payment as part of consideration for a role with our company. All of our careers require that you first complete an online application and go through some sort of interview process.