Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Business Application Developer
at Mid-Ohio Foodbank
- 19-Jul-2019 (EST)
- Strategic Solutions and Development
- Grove City, OH, USA
- 60,000 -70,000
- Full Time
JOB TITLE: Business Application Developer
STATUS: Full Time, Exempt
REPORTS TO: Strategic Solutions Developer
DIRECT REPORTS: None
SUMMARY: The Business Application Developer analyzes user needs to design, create, and modify business applications that are used to facilitate food pantry client services and internal Foodbank operations. This position uses agile methods for application development and works in a team environment with other members of the Strategic Solutions/IT teams.
- Design and code from ideas, concepts and/or specifications; this includes work to enhance existing product or development of new applications for all browser platforms.
- Analyze, evaluate, test and debug programming to ensure positive end user outcome.
- Work with and enhance the design of relational database schemas.
- Develop queries and reports based on MySQL/SQL Server databases.
- Provide routine daily maintenance of existing sites and applications.
- Design web interface to be responsive and intuitive for the end-user using HTML5/CSS.
- Design applications that will exchange information with other third party data sources and systems either through API's or custom interfaces.
- Maintain safe, secure, and healthy work environment by following safety practices and policies
- Participate in other projects/tasks as requested
Education and Certifications: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field preferred.
Experience: Must have 1 to 2 years' experience in PHP and My SQL; experience in frameworks of jQuery and Bootstrap required; experience in SQL Server, HTML5, CSS, and Java Script experience preferred; knowledge of food pantry and/or food bank operations is preferred.
Skills/Competencies: Must be able to work in a self-managed as well as collaborative environment; Self-motivated, self-managed and creative. Ensure on-time completion of application deliverables.
Working Conditions: Normal Office Environment. Travels within Foodbank territory on limited basis.
ADA: The above statements cover what are generally believed to the principal and essential function of this job. Specific circumstances may allow or require some associates assigned to the job to perform a somewhat different combination of duties.