Montgomery County, Ohio
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Building Maintenance Manager
at Montgomery County, Ohio
- Class Concept
Management level in Building Maintenance under general direction of higher-level administrator (e.g. Assistant Director, Department Director) requiring thorough knowledge in the engineering, construction mechanical or general facility operations of large, complex and commercial grade buildings. Responsible for overseeing, managing and supporting workgroup, setting and planning Building Maintenance priorities, streamlining workgroup efficiencies and coordinating the operation, maintenance and repair of County buildings for assigned workgroup. Creates and manages positive customer relationships throughout Montgomery County.
- Job Duties
- Plans, organizes and manages the preventative maintenance, general maintenance, new installs and repair of facility buildings and equipment. This may include having oversight of custodial services for buildings. Coordinates with department director, engineering manager and engineering staff, and customer groups to fully implement a comprehensive plan to accomplish short-term and long-term projects which fall within building maintenance scope.
- Performs managerial function over day-to-day operations of assigned staff (e.g. Building Maintenance Supervisor II) including providing team leadership and guidance to overall maintenance workgroup, prepares and approves evaluations, coaches, counsels and handles disciplinary matters, maintains employee records and prepares payroll. Develops and promotes positive work culture, teamwork and skill development. Sets mechanical competencies for staff which link to job accountabilities and further refine internal skillsets.
- Responsible for setting workflow productivity of group to best allocate resources and empower supervisory staff to reach established outcomes. Through the management of Computer Maintenance Management System (CMMS) assigns work orders and reviews assignments with supervisors to ensure priorities are being handled appropriately. Generates needed reports and directs the collection of data to be used in determining work productivity, annual costs and budget projections of operations. Properly monitor and control expenditures to ensure expenses do not exceed approved budget allocations; provides high level approval for ordering supplies, tools, and equipment as needed.
- Oversees and appropriately inspects buildings for needed work, maintenance or custodial work in progress and completed work for conformance to established standards, specifications, instructions and blueprints. Can aid in inspecting facilities to check progress and results of private contractors hired to install, provide maintenance on or renovate designated facilities and building equipment.
- Meets with regulatory agencies concerning occupant safety and the protection of the environment, consults with managers in other program areas on troubleshooting problems on matters such as major renovation projects, air quality, regulatory activity, and energy efficiency; develops and implements overall programs to promote and monitor occupant/user safety and comfort. Ensures workgroup receive adequate safety training and properly maintain compliance with safety rules, policies and procedures while performing all work activities; investigates addresses any possible violations.
- Minimum Class Requirements
Must have valid driver's license with acceptable driving record. Completion of Bachelor's Degree preferably in Engineering, Construction Management or related field with 5 years of building maintenance and repair experience (large complex buildings preferred) including 3 years managing the maintenance operations and a workgroup OR alternative, equivalent evidence of the Minimum Class Requirements.