MPW Industrial Services
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Human Resources Generalist
at MPW Industrial Services
The primary objective of the HR Generalist is to promote a culture of valuing our people by fostering a business partnership with all segments of MPW. The Generalist will provide direction and leadership that ensures the successful implementation of policies, practices and procedures that support the mission and strategy of Human Resources companywide. Further, in the spirit of 'continuous improvement', the Generalist will provide valuable insight from their business partners that will enable HR to continue to support the MPW Mission and Strategy to grow our businesses through our people.
- Develop a qualified pool of candidates to support timely hiring of new employees through employment branding and source development.
- Design, plan and implement new employee on-boarding in a way that fosters a positive attitude towards company goals and objectives.
- Identify opportunities for leadership development and recommend solutions for training needs.
- Advise and partner with management to appropriately resolve employee relations issues.
- Develop organizational talent at all levels by actively participating in the performance review process, talent reviews, and promotions.
- Educate all sections of the business on Human Resources processes and policies such as, interviewing, hiring, promoting, disciplinary actions, timely separations, attendance, etc.
- Identify employee communications issues and work with Human Resources leadership and other management to improve.
- Partner with worker's compensation administration and MPW management to better manage and care for our injured employees.
- Partner with safety administration and MPW management to maintain our organization’s commitment to employee and safety excellence.
- Partner with all segments of our business to improve employee retention through the development and implementation of improved employee relations methods, training and development, and positive recognition programs.
- Work with all business partners at MPW as an employee advocate to ensure that our practices are consistent with our core values of building trust, respect and fairness when dealing with all our people.
- Maintains knowledge of legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting Human Resources functions and ensures policies, procedures and reporting are in compliance.
- Identify opportunities and commit to continuous professional self-development.
- Perform other duties as directed.
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s Degree in Human Resources
- PHR certification or a plan to achieve within 1 year of start date.
- 3-5 years experience as a Generalist or Recruiter, preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- Union experience is a plus.
- 4-5 years general office experience.
- Proficient computer skills including MS Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Professional oral and written interpersonal communication.
- Strong problem solving, critical thinking, and conflict resolutions skills.
- Must be willing to travel to various sites and branch locations.