MTD Products Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Accounts Payable Specialist
at MTD Products Inc.
MTD Products Inc - Valley City, OH
Accounting & Finance
Founded in 1932 and headquartered in Valley City, Ohio, MTD Products Inc is a global leader in outdoor power equipment with manufacturing facilities, offices and distribution around the world. MTD’s engineering expertise and state-of-the-art facilities are known for innovation and award-winning mowers, snow throwers, trimmers, chain saws, utility vehicles and hand tools for both residential and professional lawn and landscape markets. MTD’s family of brands includes Cub Cadet®, Troy-Bilt® and Remington®, as well as Robomow®, Yard Machines®, Rover®, and WOLF-Garten®.
The primary responsibility of the Corporate Accounts Payable Specialist is to compile and maintain accounts payable records by performing the duties listed below.
- Invoice Processing (all-inclusive from receipts of invoice through final posting) for the Corporate campus.
- Voucher matching and verification in preparation for bank payment files to be generated.
- Filing Payment Vouchers.
- Alternate payment selection and bank file generation for all USD for the US plants and Canada. Requires communication and collaboration with the Treasury Department and coordination with all our plant facilities to make sure data is correct prior to finalizing the bank files.
- Alternate entity/vendor maintenance set-up for all our Infor locations (Australia, China and North America).
- Troubleshoots problems with internal and external customers.
- Adheres to normal deadlines for month-end and year-end closings.
- Questions deviations from corporate policies and guidelines.
- Assists plant and corporate personnel by answering questions related to accounts, procedures, and/or providing reports when requested.
- Assists with special projects.
- Computer Skills – Intermediate to Advanced Microsoft Office Applications (Word and Excel). Most of the job will be done in the Infor XA ERP system and downloading into spreadsheets for reporting. Good computer skills will be necessary.
- Math Skills - Must have a basic knowledge of Accounting.
- Communication Skills - Must have strong verbal and written communication skills when working with vendors or internal customers, listening to issues, and seeking resolution.
- Organizational Skills - Month end and year end closings can be hectic. Ability to organize and prioritize to meet deadlines is a must.
- Adaptability – adapts to changes in the work environment; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction. Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- HS Diploma or equivalent
- 2-5 Years’ experience
MTD seeks to passionately create, build and deliver great products and services that consumers all over the world enjoy using to improve and beautify lawns and gardens. To learn more, please visit www.mtdproducts.com.
MTD offers a competitive salary and benefit package that includes 401k, Defined Contribution Plan, Health and Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Tuition Reimbursement, paid vacation, paid holidays.
MTD is an equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V.