National Church Residences
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
PT Hospice Social Worker-LSW
at National Church Residences
- Job ID
- Regular Part-Time
- Location : Address
- Home and Community Services--Southern
According to prescribed policies and procedures of the organization including all applicable federal, state and accreditation regulations and under the general supervision of the Director of Clinical Services
is responsible to provide clients and families psychosocial care regarding emotional, social and economic needs.
- Assesses the psychosocial status of clients related to the patient’s illness and environment and communicates findings to the registered nurse.
- Carries out social evaluations and plans intervention based on evaluation findings.
- Maintains clinical records on all clients referred to social work.
- Provides information and referral services of organization clients and families/caregivers regarding practical and environmental needs.
- Provides information to clients or families/caregivers and community agencies.
- Serves as liaison between clients or families/caregivers and community agencies.
- Maintains collaborative relationships with organization personnel to support patient care.
- Maintains and develops contracts with public and private agencies as resources for patient and organization personnel.
- Participates in the development of the total plan of care and case conferences as required.
- Assists physician and other team members in understanding significant social and emotional factors related to health problems.
- Participates in discharge planning.
- Participates in interdisciplinary team meetings to coordinate the care of the client and family; exchange information and problem solve; and receive staff support and education. Demonstrates and maintains a positive, professional manner, manages time efficiently and effectively, provides leadership as a role model to promote a team approach collaborates and participates in policy creation and appropriate problem solving methods.
- With respect to Client Rights, ensures all care is provided with respect and dignity for clients, reports all complaints made by clients and/or families to the appropriate supervisors, reports all allegations of abuse, misappropriation of funds/client property and/or any other corporate compliance items immediately.
- Must adhere to all policies, procedures, terms and conditions set forth in the NCR Employee Information Guide (EIG) as well as any facility handbook including but not limited to corporate compliance, drug free workplace and safe work practices, all federal, state, local regulations and laws.
- Performs other duties as assigned. The above statements are only meant to be a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed of this job. May be requested to perform job related tasks other than those
stated in this description.
Education: Must have the ability to perform needed functions. Master's or Bachelor's Degree in social work from an accredited institution. May require licensure or certificate as required in the state in
which he/she practices, according to state guidelines. Must be in good standing.
Experience: Preferred minimum of 2 years in varied multidisciplinary settings in the health care field with experience in working with clients and families counseling.
Travel: Frequent, necessary on a daily basis. 100%
Mental: Must have good communication, comprehension, computer and interpersonal skills. Must have the ability to speak, read, write and understand English.
Licensure: Must have a current license in good standing within the state practicing.
Vision: Normal: Consistent with standard workflow.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, military status, disability, genetic information and/or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.