Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Navistar, inc.
- Internal Title
- Job ID
- # of Positions
- Position Type
- Regular Full Time Employee
- Relocation Offered
Navistar International Corporation is a leading North American truck manufacturer with great products, strong market positions and best-in-class distribution. For 175 years we have had a 100% commitment to doing what it takes to satisfy our customers, and our commitment today is as strong as ever. We are rededicated to strengthening our core businesses. Our recent investments and product launches position us for success. It all starts with a comprehensive approach and a team effort from our employees. So we’re looking for exceptionally talented and results-oriented individuals to join us and deliver on our promises to our customers, dealers, employees and shareholders.
We currently seeking a Journeyman Millwright to join our team at our Springfield Assembly Plant. These are represented positions with excellent benefits including dental, medical and a generous 401k.
All candidates must be open to working any shift.
The Millwright is responsible for the proper operation and maintenance of all equipment and machinery.
Must be capable of safely performing the following physical job demands in a timely fashion:
- Employee must stand for some aspects of job and sit for others depending on the nature of the repair work being completed. Must be able to tolerate walking on cement floors for extended distances.
- Employee must travel throughout Assembly Plant to perform maintenance as needed
- Must tolerate performing work at a variety of heights for brief and sustained periods of time, ladders, lifts etc...
- Must demonstrate ability to perform repeated and sustained fine motor skills as indicated by work needing completed. These skills include but are not limited to manipulating small parts, operating controls on machines and gauges.
- Must demonstrate the ability to perform gross motor skills for repeated and/or sustained periods of time as required by job that is being completed. These gross motor skills include but are not limited to reaching, bending, twisting, turning and lifting.
- Occasionally may need to perform miscellaneous other duties as deemed necessary.
- At least 8 years of millwright experience OR a UAW Journeyman Millwright Card
- At least 8 years of millwright experience
- UAW Journeyman Millwright Card
- Experience with Industrial Maintenance, Conveyors, Carrier and GK Shaker conveyors, Oil Analysis, Hoists, Cranes, Predictive, Preventative Maintenance, Root-Cause Analysis, Fabrication and Design preferred
- Qualified candidates, excluding current Navistar employees, must be legally authorized on an unrestricted basis (US Citizen, Legal Permanent Resident, Refugee or Asylee) to be employed in the United States. Navistar does not anticipate providing employment related work sponsorship for this position (e.g., H-1B status)
- US Citizenship or Permanent Resident status required
- Strong Communication Skills
- Willingness to listen
- Team player
Navistar is a manufacturer of commercial trucks, buses, defense vehicles and engines. Wherever ingenuity drives global markets, you'll find us taking the lead. We believe the world is propelled forward by new ideas, brave inventors and bold thinkers. That's why we're driven to deliver a better future with strong products, sound values and solutions for a changing world.
It's Uptime at International
Visit us at www.Navistar.com to discover more about our organization
Navistar is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.