Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Manufacturing Controls Engineer
at Prestige Group
- Job ID
- # Jobs Available
- Contract - Full Time
Coordinate and provide Electrical Engineering support during design, install and launch of new program manufacturing equipment. Proficiency in writing specifications, request for quotes, requisitions, management of contractor(s) and/or project team(s). Ensure that all equipment purchased is compliant to Company's Federal, Provincial and Local Codes. Review and approve electrical and fluid power drawings, controls architecture for PLC/CNC/HMI, diagnostics, electrical components, software and HMI screens for the purchased manufacturing equipment. Run-off, startup, debug, qualification support and troubleshooting of breakdowns.
Responsible for equipment build tracking and resolving controls issues from the equipment design phase through the installation. Responsible for managing documentation, software and final deliverables including hand-off to Chrysler Group LLC plants. Additional responsibilities will include the implementation of Information Technology applications (MPTS, FIS, etc.), part traceability and WCM (World Class Manufacturing) requirements as outlined by Advanced Manufacturing Engineering and Plant Manufacturing Engineering.
May be required to operate a company vehicle. Valid driver's license is required along with a clean driving record.
These positions are for the paint dept, on various shifts.
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology is required.
- Auto Cad and PLC/CNC programming proficiency is required.
- 3 - 5 years experience required. 5 years preferred in manufacturing, controls engineering, maintenance or related field.
- Must be able to work any shift, overtime and some domestic travel.
- Advanced degree.
- PLC and CNC Programming.
- Allen-Bradley PLC (including Safety PLC) required, Siemens, Fanuc and Nachi Controls is a plus.
- Robotics, high pressure die casting or related casting technologies and conveyor experience.
- Experience in hydraulics and pneumatics design is also desired.
- Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Project and Outlook experience.
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction (Self Motivated).
- Strong written/oral communication. Ability to communicate to all levels of management levels.
- Excellent people skills and able to work within a team.
- Ability to function in platform and team settings.