Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Asset Protection Agent
at Rite-Aid Corporation
- Position ID#
- Asset Protection - Asset Protection Agent
- Store #
Asset Protection Agent
The primary purpose of the Asset Protection Agent is to ensure a safe secure and profitable store environment for Rite Aid associates and customers while upholding the core values and service attributes consistent with the Rite Aid brand and strategy.
- Observe, investigate and detain for authorities individuals that commit criminal acts in assigned store location(s).
- Prevent internal and external (shoplifting/theft) losses by coaching and providing feedback to store associates on executing internal controls and creating/executing external theft strategies and tactics.
- Assist in maintaining the physical security of the assigned store(s) such as auditing alarms, close circuit TV, lighting, etc.
- Conduct Electronic Article Surveillance (EAS) audits, maintain log book and react to EAS activation.
- Assist Asset Protection District Leader (APDL), Store Manager, or other field/corporate management with internal investigations and other special investigations as necessary.
- Assist with completing Shrink Visit Guides (SVGs).
- Assist with adherence of Food Safety and Sanitation practices.
- Assist with monitoring DC shipment procedures to ensure compliance with company policies, procedures and protection of company assets.
- Assist in the training of store associates on company policies and procedures as well as shrink management tactics while maintaining the Shrink Awareness Board as directed by APDM.
- Assist with receiving DSD shipments, credits and auditing store DSD practices as directed by APDM.
- Review and audit Point of Sale (POS) transactions as directed by Asset Protection District Leader.
- Assist in executing various company programs and new initiatives.
- Assist business partners in identifying safety hazards in compliance with OSHA guidelines.
- In NYC stores: Monitor vestibule and sidewalk keeping them clutter free to reduce fines and general liability claims.
Experience / Requirements
- Minimum age of 18 years old.
- A valid driver's license for business travel when applicable.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including weekends and evenings.
- Familiarity with industry/technical terms and processes.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED), plus one (1) year of experience and/or education in retail, business, security, criminal justice or military, an Associate's degree (AA) is preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience.