Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Field Deployment Engineer
at Robbins-Gioia, llc
Currently, RG is seeking skilled Field Deployment Engineer to travel to customer sites across the United States and install communications systems for one of our premier telecom clients headquartered in Washington DC. Candidates may be located anywhere throughout the US and on a daily basis the Field Deployment Engineer will travel to customer locations to provide implementation services for Avaya solutions. Extensive travel and flexible hours will be required.
A Day in the Life:
To help make our customer successful, the chosen candidate can expect to be responsible for ensuring the implementation of pre-configured solutions for voice communications services. The engineer will provide installation services and customer support during scheduled customer site visits. The engineer will be expected to manage all on site installation and test tasks for the given products and solutions. We are looking for a self-starter Field service engineer to deliver the desired customer service experience. The goal is to drive service success and efficiencies that provides excellent customer satisfaction.
Description of Daily Duties:
- Provide implementation staging support to internal team and client at centralized site
- Provide installation service and customer support during field visits
- Tie workflow to schedule
- Manage all on site installation and test tasks
- Diagnose errors or technical problems that may occur during the installation process and, with appropriate escalation support, determine proper solutions
- Produce timely and detailed service reports
- Document processes
- Follow all company’s field procedures and protocols and safety requirements
- Cooperate with technical team and share information across the organization
- Build positive relationships with customers
- Logistics functions to support product installation including receiving, inventorying, unboxing, and preparing for installation
- Inspect hardware for shipping/handling damage
- Install and connect (“rack and stack”) solutions as directed per order or site-specific requirements
- May occasionally install OS and/or upgrade software and firmware
- Test hardware and connectivity across devices/solutions
- Resolve issues or escalate with appropriate team members and/or support personnel
- Document and communicate issues with project leads/team members
- Complete required documentation for inventory, time reporting, work order progress & completion, etc.
The Field Deployment Engineer is a non-exempt customer-facing business professional that provides a variety of information directly to customers for their ongoing programs, new initiatives, strategic planning, and measurement/evaluation in one or more of RG's solutions. They possess excellent customer service skills, remain current on industry trends, value team work, and have a wide range of interpersonal skills.
To be successful in this role, all candidates must meet the below qualifications to be considered.
- Current Top Secret clearance or within the window to reactivate
- Ability to supply and maintain their own hand tools for basic communication systems installation requirements
- Fundamental IT/Data Network knowledge
- Experience setting up hardware and installing and configure software and drivers
- Experience installing, maintaining and repairing technological equipment (e.g. routers) or peripheral devices
- Knowledge of wiring, cabling, and connecting devices and networks
- Willingness to learn and function within a team
- Willingness to travel and work flexible work hours
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with project teams, managers, and client as a service provider
- Strong team player
Bring the WOW Factor:
In addition to our core requirements that are an absolute must for this role, we want to highlight some of the qualifications that we consider to “Bring the WOW Factor”. Below are some of those “WOW Factors” that we would love to have, but that are not considered hard requirements to do the job.
- Prior experience installing or maintaining Avaya telecommunications equipment
- Relevant Industry (CompTIA A+) and/or Avaya Certifications (ACA, ACIS, ACSS, ACS, ACE, or ACSA)
- Electronics, Computer Science, or Telecommunications training or degree
Physical Requirements & Disclaimer:
Medium physical work: Must be able to lift up to 50lbs, pack/unpack and transport equipment up to 10% of the time daily. Must also be able to position self to install computer hardware, including under desks and in close spaces. Medium work involves lifting no more than 50 pounds at a time with frequent lifting or carrying of objects weighing up to 25 pounds, and standing up to six hours in an eight-hour workday. In addition, medium work involves sitting, kneeling, climbing, and squatting. If someone can do medium work, we determine that he or she can also do sedentary and light work.
RG is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Disability/Veteran/VEVRAA Federal Contractor
At Robbins-Gioia (RG), we provide management consulting, managed services, and JFAST software. Our management consulting services combine leading-edge capabilities in management and technology with a seasoned understanding of our clients’ missions. Our managed services help our clients maximize their technology investments by providing experienced professionals that complement our clients’ strategy and operations. Our JFAST software is a suite of tools that perform advanced planning and scheduling operations and is the most capable intelligent scheduling platform for complex, mission-critical applications.
Headquartered in Alexandria, VA, we partner with our clients to test and refine every solution to meet their exact needs. We take pride in tackling complex management challenges with fresh and innovative insights and in transforming our clients’ vision into reality.