Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
We’re a global team unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges. Developing new technologies that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities. In more than 150 countries, we have strong, long-standing relationships with customers who know us for our powerful combination of leading product brands and applications expertise with a strong focus on developing comprehensive, sustainable solutions.
For more information on how Xylem can help you, go to www.xylem.com
The Role: The Quality Engineer is responsible for ensuring product, process, and regulatory compliance and support to YSI in implementing policies and achievement of organizational goals. The individual will actively identify improvement opportunities with the intent to identify/reduce defects, while working directly with New Product Development, Manufacturing Engineering, Customer Service, Tech Support, Repair Service and production personnel to support the RCCA process. The QE supports opportunities to create a quality competitive advantage for YSI and its customers.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Support the goals of the Quality Department to ensure Quality and Operational goals/objectives are met.
- Maintain certifications to relevant ISO standards.
- Execute projects utilizing cross-functional teams to standardize and implement efficient processes and procedures with a significant focus on defect reduction.
- Facilities process-mapping with identification of control points and KPIs to ensure stability.
- Develop key process measures to determine process effectiveness and areas for improvement.
- Represent QA Department at cross-functional meetings.
- Conduct internal and supplier audits including QMS, manufacturing processes, and product compliance.
- Review product/processes and associated build documentation to validate product/build conformity and make recommendations, as well as execute changes to improve product quality, yields and reduce escapes.
- Supports development of and maintains quality system procedures, work instructions, training and other quality related documentation.
- Process audits of manufacturing methods including verification and validation.
- Perform and provide guidance to production personnel for process capability studies.
- Execute studies to identify trends and quality improvement of processes and products.
- Design and execute test plans for new product verification and validation.
- Performance of root-cause activities to identify corrective/preventative actions along with an emphasis on continuous improvement.
- Verifies effectiveness of corrective and preventative actions.
- Execution of duties in accordance with YSI’s Quality Management System.
- Support of manufacturing activities to ensure compliance with product specifications and customer expectations.
- Providing any needed assistance required by customer/technical support teams to quickly identify and resolve product issues in the field.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or other technical discipline.
- Design and Process FMEA.
- 5+ years of experience in manufacturing, new product development, engineering and quality systems is required.
- Able to influence others without having direct authority.
- Demonstrable proficiency in basic electronic engineering principles and application thereof.
- Successful completion of formal coursework involving statistical analysis.
- Demonstrable manufacturing experience with ISO-9001 or equivalent quality management system.
- CQE or equivalent is highly desirable.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point, Project, Visio.
- Experience with Minitab or other data analysis tools.
Skills & Competencies:
- Customer focused, per both internal and external
- Ability to communicate clearly
- Cross boundary collaborative
- Inspires and enforces accountability
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Solution design
- Technical problem solving
- Adaptive learner
- Innovative and systems thinking
- Planning and process orientation
- Highly organized
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Light lifting (20-25 lbs.), office and manufacturing floor environment
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the office.
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: General office and manufacturing floor environment.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours/week minimum Monday through Friday.
- Travel: ≤ 20%
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.