Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Sierra Lobo
- Job ID
- # Positions
- Experience (Years)
- Type of Position
- Regular Full-Time
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
- Visa Requirements
- Citizen only
The Test Facilities Operations, Maintenance, and Engineering (TFOME) contract at the NASA Glenn Research Center, Plum Brook Station is searching for an Area Coordinator at the Propulsion Test Complex (PTC). The Area Coordinator is the single on-site point of contact (POC) for the test facility and customer.
- Coordinates work activities, resolving any issues or conflicts, and provides support or services as needed and works closely with engineering staff and schedulers to maintain accurate status of work being done at the test facility.
- Responsible for awareness of all ongoing activities and staffing “virtual operations desk” for the test facility and maintains a facility activity log and wall schedule with all activities taking place.
- Advises all personnel working in any area, other than the office spaces, of activities that may impact their work and checks in and out all personnel requiring access to any areas of the test facility other than the office spaces.
- Participates in daily facility and other meetings as required and organizes and/or hosts on-site meetings involving test planning and execution.
- Manages keys for the test facility and utilizes test complex and test project call trees.
- Serves as the POC for shipments and deliveries, interfacing with shipping and receiving personnel, completing required forms, and transporting small packages between the test facility and Shipping and Receiving.
- Serves as the single POC for on-site test customers providing a wide array of logistical, informational, troubleshooting, and administrative support and resolving real-time issues or concerns.
- Coordinates badging and access for all test customer personnel and presents Plum Brook Station (PBS) familiarization briefings to ensure they are familiar with PBS and test facility policies and procedures.
- Provides test customers with local area information, coordinates travel logistics, and connects them with local vendors to obtain required materials and services.
- Manages customer office space and facilitates required services such as phones, copiers, networks, meeting rooms, etc.
- Tracks and controls tools and equipment, and all material received at the test facility to ensure it is delivered to the requestor and is readily available for use when needed (parts/material control/kitting).
- This position requires a minimum of four (4) years of relevant experience in an administrative position requiring planning, scheduling, and coordinating work.
- Direct knowledge of general administrative duties, excellent organization, oral and written communication skills are essential.
- Typing skills and knowledge of computers and how they function, plus specific knowledge and experience in using up-to-date software is also required.