Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Sierra Lobo
- Job ID
- # Positions
- Experience (Years)
- Type of Position
- Regular Full-Time
- Mid-Level (Non-Manager)
- Visa Requirements
- Citizen only
Sierra Lobo, offers customers a full range of professional and technical capabilities, including Test and Evaluation, Systems Engineering, and Advanced Technologies. We also develop products and processes related to Cryogenic Fluid and Thermal Management Systems, Densified Propellant Management Systems, and Prototype Extreme Pressure and Temperature Systems. Our customers include the Department of Defense (DoD), the U.S. Air Force, U.S. Navy, U.S. Army, Missile Defense Agency (MDA), and the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA).
This position is located at our Milan Ohio facility.
FUNCTION OF POSITION
Performs mechanical related technical effort on facility and research hardware and mechanical systems. Assists in the preparation and operation of test facilities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Operates large mechanical tools such as a drill press, power hacksaw, band saw, shears, pipe threaders, brakes, rollers, lathes, and grinders. Operates small power tools including air wenches, drills, grinders, etc.
- Operates facility overhead crane, man-lifts, forklifts, and portable cranes. Provides rigging for lifting equipment and material, including lifting straps, chain hoists, and come-alongs.
Items 3 thru 13 are highly desireable skills, and will be addressed with on the job and classroom training.
- Welds horizontally, overhead, and vertically using AC-DC electric arc, M.I.G., and T.I.G. using a variety of material including stainless steel, carbon steel, aluminum, etc.
- Lays out and builds complex tubing systems using flaring machines and tubing benders.
- Sets up and machines intricate parts from drawings and sketches using manual vertical milling machines and lathes.
- Disassembles, repairs, reassembles and verifies various types of valves, valve operators, and pressure regulators. Must be familiar with the operating environment to ensure hardware materials are compatible with flow media properties including pressure and temperature.
- Operates high-pressure gas systems including pressure reduction stations, pressure pumps, and seals.
- Works with and has a basic understanding of environmental test chambers, mass spectrometer leak detectors, and vacuum systems.
- Assists in the installation and operation of intricate research test packages in various test facilities.
- Fabricates, installs, operates, and maintains mechanical control test panels, and special test equipment. Operates, maintains, and calibrates leak detection systems.
- Performs general maintenance on vacuum pumping equipment, heat exchangers, diffusion pumps, steam ejector systems, and cryogenic vaporizers.
- Performs inspection and evaluation of mechanical equipment and facility operating systems. Makes recommendations related to maintenance and repair of same.
- Fabricates, installs, and operates cryogenic systems including liquid hydrogen, liquid oxygen, liquid nitrogen, or liquid helium.
- Must have ability to perform basic mechanical tasks and show basic mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to use own judgment and decisions to allow continuity of work flow.
- Must be self-motivated and a "Team Player" with good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be able to organize time and assignments to properly prioritize efforts for maximum effectiveness.
- Must be a U.S. citizen.