Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Silgan Containers
Join a winning culture where achievements are recognized and celebrated!
You have been waiting for this career opportunity! As the Plant Accountant you will be responsible
- Responsible for vendor payments, reviewing and matching invoices, manual entry of miscellaneous invoices into OnBase
- Hourly payroll (weekly): review hourly employee punches in Kronos, research missing punches and work with the Regional Payroll team to ensure employees are paid correctly. Tracking attendance and vacation usage
- Manage the petty cash box: reimburse employees as needed, balance and prepare check request for replenishment at month end
- Capital Project: Keep a log on all current capital jobs, update log monthly, close jobs as needed prior to month end, post capital labor to capital job
- Accounts Payable: run reports from purchase order and A/P systems monthly, reconcile to General Ledger, review and clean up the open purchase order and unpaid receivers report
- Coil Receiving: confirm receipts of coils in the Enterprise One system
- Expense Reports: check math and assign G/L accounts, obtain Plant Manager’s signature for approval, enter in E1 A/P system for reimbursement
- Month End Duties: Ensure all A/P entries are accurately entered into the A/P system by the end of the first day of close. Accrue all items that have been received during the month and are awaiting an invoice, Reconcile monthly A/P General Ledger Accounts as designated. Must be available the first two working days of each month for possible overtime.
- Travel Arrangements: hotel and car rental reservations, travel advances, EZ Pass, Hotel contracts
- Maintain copies of all Certificate of Insurance for outside contractor work; maintain copies of all leases; track and send items to the lock box
- Maintain and distribute plant phone list; maintain salaried employees addresses and phone numbers list
- Other duties as assigned by the Plant Controller, Plant Superintendent or Plant Manager.
You will love it here if:
- You have a can-do, will-do attitude
- Enjoy working with numbers
- Strong analytical skills and high attention to details
We need you to have:
- Associates or Bachelor Degree in Accounting or equivalent experience.
- Basic knowledge of the operation of the equipment and the flow of material throughout the plant.
- Strong organizational skills and detail-oriented.
- Excellent computer skills. Microsoft Office programs, including Word, Excel, and Access. AS400 (JD Edwards).
- Experience with OnBase, Kronos, Workday, Enterprise One
- Possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must have excellent time-management skills.
- Good mathematical skills.
What we offer:
- A stable, reliable and environmentally conscious company
- A great culture where you feel like a member of our family
- A comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, & life insurance, 401(k) plan with employer match, paid time off, wellness program, tuition reimbursement and more
Who We Are:
Silgan Containers is the largest provider of metal food packaging in the United States. Trusted by America’s most respected brands, our reputation is based on a foundation of quality, excellence and unsurpassed technical expertise. We pride ourselves on being a solution-based partner to our customers and work hard to earn their business every day.