S & T Bank
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Commercial Banker- C&I
at S & T Bank
Work Days and Expected Hours:
Monday - Friday: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
(Additional hours as needed to carry out the objectives of the department.)
Function: Assumes responsibility for complex activity for commercial banking and has a direct responsibility for banking relationships with assigned customers and prospective commercial customers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Interviews customers and prospective customers and prepares documentation for commercial loans including:
a. Collecting and analyzing financial data for proper loan structure for written/verbal presentation to loan committee.
b. Maintaining aggressive commercial calling program for new and existing customers.
c. Assisting other lenders in governmental lending programs.
d. Attending and participating in community affairs to promote the bank’s image.
2. Reviews final loan documentation to determine appropriate recommendations.
3. Assumes responsibility for complex accounts and provides training and guidelines to less experienced commercial bankers.
4. Carries out a variety of business development activities to identify bank prospects.
5. Ensures compliance with existing loan policies and procedures and assists in policy development and modification.
6. Establishes accounts for commercial customers.
7. Receives and responds to various customer questions and solves customer problems.
8. Reviews Collateral Protection Reports and determines appropriate course of action.
9. Exercises loan authority as appropriate.
10. Contacts delinquent loan customers.
11. Maintains a good working relationship with bank employees. Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work independently, as well as motivated to work as a team player to contribute to the success of the department and in turn, the organization.
12. Assumes additional responsibilities as required.
Operates a keypad device: 40% of the week. Operates electronic equipment: 20% of the week; operates office equipment: 10% of the week. Travels: 30% of the week. The primary parts of the body involved in performing these tasks are the fingers, thumbs, hands, wrists, elbows, legs, lower and upper torso and feet. Standing is required. Sitting is required. Walking is required. Physical demands include travel by car to see customers, inspect construction sites, land developments, etc. Lenders also travel out of state to inspect projects, construction sites and meet customers. Requires the use of manual dexterity skills for typing and data entry up to 40% of the business day. Specific vision requirements include close vision of 18”-20” for computer work. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.