S & T Bank
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at S & T Bank
Work Days and Expected Hours;
Monday - Friday: 9:00 am to 4:00 pm
Additional hours may be needed to meet the needs of the department.
Function: Responsible for generating new business leads calling on Realtors and builders. Originate mortgage loans by interviewing and completing applications for potential customers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Calls on Brokers, Realtors, builders, developers, and other centers of influence regularly to generate new mortgage loans and promote S&T products.
2. Delivers exceptional levels of customer service, responds to customers quickly, and follows up with borrower(s) throughout the loan process.
3. Interviews potential mortgage loan customers. Determines product to best fit customer needs. Meets customer(s) at a time and location convenient to the customer.
4. Enters complete and accurate mortgage loan applications and gathers necessary information and documentation for processing.
5. Has a complete understanding of products, processes, guidelines, and regulatory requirements.
6. Submits completed application package to Retail Mortgage Lending for processing within 24 hours.
7. Maintains communication with processors and underwriters as to status of loan. Continually keeps Realtors and borrowers informed.
8. Follows-up on information and documentation required for processing and closing conditions.
9. Monitors market area for interest rates and products. Assists in coordinating product development and marketing efforts to Realtors within specific market area.
10. Attends Realtor, building, and other networking events within market area.
11. Cross-sells other bank products and services. Refers new customers to Branch Managers for additional services.
12. Performs construction inspections as needed on new properties.
13. Promotes Bankers Settlement Services to borrowers.
14. Maintains a good working relationship with all bank employees. Demonstrates the ability to work independently. Works as a team player to contribute to the success of the department and in turn the organization.
15. Requires S.A.F.E. Act certification. Proof of registration with the registry and verification of a unique identifier as established under the guidelines of the S.A.F.E. Act is required upon hire and/or must be obtained prior to performing the duties of a Mortgage Loan Originator, as defined by the Act. This registration must be maintained annually in accordance with the S.A.F.E. Act.
16. Performs additional duties as required.
Operates a keypad device: 30% of the day; travels: 10-15% of the day. Use of manual dexterity skills for typing and data entry up to 40% of the business day. Specific vision requirements include close vision of 18”-20” for computer work and travel. Must maintain a valid driver’s license. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions of the position.