State Industrial Products Inc
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Financial Analyst
at State Industrial Products Inc
- Job ID
- # Positions
As a key member of the management team, the Senior Financial Analyst will assume the highest financial leadership role within the division. Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, this leader will have primary responsibility for managing and controlling all financial-related activities of the division. This will include financial budgeting and forecasting, evaluating revenues, margins, and bottom line results, providing guidance and analysis to the rest of the management team, establishing controls to protect the division’s assets, and working with the corporate accounting and cost departments to make improvements as needed.
· Direct and oversee all financial aspects of the division.
· Ensures that effective internal controls are in place and ensure compliance with GAAP and applicable federal, state and local regulatory laws and rules for financial and tax reporting.
· Provides timely, accurate, and insightful analysis of results, variances, trends and forecasts.
· Communicates with management and provides advice on the financial implications of activities and results.
· Analyze gross margins to determine the impact of changes in pricing and product mix and the effect on divisional profitability. Participates in identifying and evaluating various business options, quantifying the financial impacts of these approaches and selecting the most favorable course of action to maximize growth and profitability objectives.
· Leads the development of the short and long-term strategic plans and budgets.
· Develop tools and templates to facilitate the development of effective divisional sales plans and budgets. Identifies growth opportunities as indicated by positive trends. Identifies deviations from plan and participates in identifying solutions to correct negative performance. Prepares all daily, monthly, annual financial reporting.
· Designs, implements and presents recommendations for project-based analyses as needed. Examples of analytical projects are compensation plan modeling and testing, new customer acquisition offers, customer database assessment and measurement, marketing and new product introduction results, and analysis of sales associate coaching efforts.
· Work with Sales representatives and Managers on quotes and bid opportunities. Develop proposals designed to meet Company sales and profit targets for long-term and /or high-volume pricing agreements with customers.
· Work in tandem with the Marketing Department to manage inventory. Develop analyses of product demand vs. carrying cost to identify products that are unprofitable.
· Identify high-cost products and work with Marketing, Manufacturing, Purchasing and Cost Accounting to improve costs. Work with Cost Accounting to achieve consistency in product costing methods.
· Ensure that agreements with vendors meet appropriate guidelines.
· Calculate divisional bonus and payroll adjustments
· Performs other duties as assigned by manager.
· Ability to contribute significant improvements to the results of the company
· Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate well at all levels of the organization
· Excellent problem solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses.
· High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation
· Proficient in SAP and Microsoft Office software
- Able to travel up to 10% of the time.
- 3-5 years of financial analysis experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA and/or MBA
- SAP, Outlook, MS Office, Excel, Access
*State Industrial Products is a non-smoking facility*
Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Disabled/Vet