Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Supports PolyVision Quality objectives and serves as the customer advocate in the total Supply Chain from our supply base through product development and manufacturing, to our customers. Evaluates quality assurance systems, procedures and statistical techniques; designs or specifies inspection and testing mechanisms and equipment; analyzes production and service processes and standards; recommends revision of specifications when indicated; formulates or helps formulate quality assurance policies and procedures. Interfaces with all other engineering components within the company and with customers and suppliers on quality related issues.
Steelcase provides employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, color, creed, genetic information, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or veteran status and bases all employment decisions only on valid job requirements.
- Knowledge and application of the fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures of the quality engineering profession (e.g. ASQ certified Quality Engineer Body of Knowledge)
- Able to develop technical solutions to a variety of problems of moderate scope and complexity.
- Able to effectively make decisions in matters of significance to the customer experience.
- Able to proactively apply originality and ingenuity to improvement of practices and procedures.
- Must be able to effectively interface with multiple functions within the company and with people of all levels of management/technical ability.
- Broad knowledge of the entire scope of the Business Management System and understanding of its application inside and outside of the organization.
- Able to use project management skills to initiate and lead improvements of a tactical nature.
- Working knowledge of product testing requirements, product development cycle, and specials processes.
- Understands and able to interface with other segments of the order fulfill process.
- Associate Degree required. Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Minimum1-2 years in Quality, Technical Field or related work experience