Steward Health Care System
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Cardiovascular Invasive Technologist (Certified) - Full Time
at Steward Health Care System
Responsible to Trumbull Regional Medical Center for supporting the corporate mission, vision and values. Responsible to the Invasive Cardiovascular Services for the performance of cardiovascular invasive procedures while providing quality patient care. Responsible to the customer for courteous, accurate, timely service.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND MAJOR DUTIES
- Applies knowledge of radiologic technology (Rad Tech) while accurately performing an exam.
- Provides quality patient care.
- Instructs patient prior to all exams.
- Performs procedures in an organized and efficient manner.
- Operates equipment safely and maintains safety of equipment.
- Processes information in the appropriate areas.
- Performs role of scrub assist, monitoring, and assistive circulation.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The above statements reflects the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified, and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work assignments that may be inherent in the job.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Completion of a college or technical training program in radiologic technology. Minimum one year radiologic experience in an acute care setting required. Previous experience in invasive cardiology preferred. After orientation, up to 6 month’s experience on this job is required to perform essential functions.
LICENSURE, REGISTRATION AND/OR CERTIFICATION
Current license by the State of Ohio as Radiologic Technologist by Ohio Department of Health required. Certification in Radiologic Technology by ARRT required. Certification as Registered Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist (RCIS) by ARRT or equivalent preferred or obtains within 3 years of hire date. Certification in Basic Life Support by the American Heart Association or American Red Cross required.