Steward Health Care System
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Medical Assistant (Certified) - Full Time
at Steward Health Care System
Responsible to Steward Health Care System for supporting the corporate mission, vision and values. Responsible to Family Practice for medical assistant duties. Responsible to the customer for courteous, accurate, timely service.
AND MAJOR DUTIES
- Assists physicians with clinical/surgical procedures in the Family Practice Center.
- Manages patient flow in a timely manner.
- Documents all orders in a timely manner.
- Performs non-invasive tests prescribed by physicians, i.e. rapid strep, hearing and vision tests, etc.
- Responsible for laboratory updates and maintenance. Organizes and checks expiration dates on sample medications and supplies.
- Assures necessary supplies are available in patient rooms and nursing areas. Keeps supplies at a minimum to help decrease costs.
- Answers patients’ phone messages and performs follow through with messages per physician instructions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The above statements reflects the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified, and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work assignments that may be inherent in the job.
Associate degree in Medical Assisting from a college or technical school preferred. Previous experience as a medical assistant preferred. Previous experience with office equipment and secretarial duties preferred. One year’s experience on this or related jobs in a hospital or healthcare facility preferred. After orientation up to one month’s experience on this job is required to perform essential functions.
Certification in medical assisting by American Association of Medical Assistants required. Certification in basic CPR by the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross preferred.