Steward Health Care System
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Registrar - Part Time, 10am-6:30pm
at Steward Health Care System
Responsible to Trumbull Regional Medical Center for supporting the corporate mission, vision and values. Responsible to the Registration department for the collection of demographic, insurance cards, clinical information and collection of monies for the purpose of registering all types of patients. Responsible to the customer for courteous, accurate, timely service.
AND MAJOR DUTIES
- Obtains all necessary demographic, insurance, written physician orders and clinical information to registers / pre-register patients for any hospital services.
- Performs medical necessity screening validation as applicable to Medicare patient testing.
- Ensures Emergency Room visit of clinical notification to insurance/payer if applicable.
- Coordinate efforts to obtain pre-authorization prior to service being rendered. Notify Patient Access Manager/Supervisor if obstacles arise.
- Collects any monies due from patients on the date of service and performs reconciliation process at the end of scheduled shift.
- Verifies all insurance eligibility prior to elective services (non-emergent) being rendered.
- Coordinates all bed assignment (Admissions, Transfers & Outpatients placed in bed) based on criteria supplied by Nursing Supervisor.
- Scans patient documents into Optical Imaging System.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The above statements reflects the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified, and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work assignments that may be inherent in the job.
High school graduate or GED with related experience or training in patient registration, Medical Office preferred.
None required for this position.
Ability to correctly spell, file, and type 35 words per minute. A broad knowledge of medical terminology and insurance billing.