Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Compliance QA Analyst (CIP)
at Sutton Bank
- 14-Aug-2019 (EST)
- Attica, OH, USA
- Full Time
Responsible for supporting the Compliance and Prepaid departments with CIP/KYC testing, quality control, due diligence, enhanced due diligence and various activities relating to prepaid card program management, vendor management and risk monitoring.
Education: Associate's Degree and/or Bachelor's degree in a related field.
Experience: A minimum of two years of experience commensurate to job functions. Experience with Pre-paid card environment preferred. Prior experience in performing Client Onboarding/CIP/KYC Reviews/Data Remediation. Or equivalent combination of education and experience.
A: Job Specific:
- Review required CIP/KYC documentation and assure information is current and consistent across Internal and Prepaid Program Managers systems to assure a high level of data integrity.
- Demonstrate end-to-end knowledge of AML and KYC/CIP client due diligence process and proven ability performing KYC/CIP Quality Control checks to highlight deficiencies and improve data quality.
- Perform quality testing on defined samples of completed CIP from Prepaid Card Program Managers and partners.
- Perform root cause analysis and identify solutions and best practices to support quality of CIP and KYC Due Diligence as defined by policy and procedure.
- Maintain/escalate QA/Testing reporting metrics for inclusion in monthly reporting requirements to management.
- Assist with resolution of and research of CIP failures and exceptions.
- Review QA Testing results with appropriate management on a regular basis as prescribed by the function.
- Ensure identified risks are properly accounted for and escalated to management and tracked until resolved within issues logs.
- Identify and communicate error trends and high-risk cases with management team.
- Identification, enrichment and capturing of missing KYC data for clients.
- Perform data searches and/or other ad-hoc requests.
- Research/Monitor risk and publish appropriate reports.
- Follow CIP procedures and guidelines in order to achieve goals in a compliant manner.
- Build strong working relationships with Prepaid Card Program Managers and Track and review Quality Assurance observations.
- Review and compare Government issued id's for validity (i.e.: Driver's License).
- Assist with building a strong understanding of regulations that outline how the KYC/CIP process is designed both internally and externally.
- Assist with review of internal and Prepaid Card Program Manager policies and procedures related to CIP, KYC and EDD.
- Assist management with CIP and EDD vendor updates/changes, identifying gaps and deficiencies in internal and Prepaid Card Program Manager processes.
- Assess the need for process/procedural changes and escalation as appropriate.
- Assist in the implementation of new policies and procedures as appropriate.
- Manage and support projects and departmental initiatives.
- Participate in Prepaid Card Program Manager meetings.
- Process deliverables with accuracy and within timelines.
- Provide feedback and assistance to Prepaid Card Program Managers and partners.
- Interface with Prepaid Card Program Managers, Internal Partners, auditors and Regulatory agency personnel.
- Provide data as required by internal and external customers.
- Manage deliverables in absence of supervisor.
B: Company Specific:
- Effectively uses Microsoft Office Suite and other applicable software solutions.
- Effectively uses CIP vendors Lexis Nexis, Idology, Transunion, Experian (Precise ID), RDC, NContracts, Quickbase.
- Specific experience/expertize with advanced Excel, to include items such as advanced functions and pivot tables, and/or database management.
- Complies with organizational policies and procedures.
- Represents the organization in a positive and professional manner.
- Attends all mandatory in-services and staff meetings.
- Maintains confidentiality of customer and organization information.
- Maintains effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work tasks or the work environment; adjusting effectively to work with new structures, processes, requirements or cultures.
- Responsible for compliance with the Bank Secrecy Act, and Anti-Money Laundering laws and regulations, including but not limited to, the USA PATRIOT Act and OFAC.
- The ability to communicate effectively and clearly, both in verbal and written communications.
- Working knowledge of various laws, regulations, and industry guidance that affect internal and financial institutions' compliance programs as it relates to the AML, Bank Secrecy Act and USA Patriot Act.
- The ability to evaluate Customer Identification Program (CIP), Enhanced Due Diligence (EDD), and KYC profiles.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to influence others for results.
- Strong knowledge of the business area that is being supported.
- Self-directed and motivated.
- Commitment to performance management.
- The ability to manage multiple deadlines in a fast-paced environment, accomplishing multiple tasks and resolving competing priorities effectively.
- Excellent problem-solving, critical thinking, and data analytical skills.
- Ability to read, analyze and comprehend journals, audit reports, regulations and legal documents.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from employees, customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Ability to effectively present information to top management and employee groups.
Sutton Bank is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.