Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Payments and Entity Reconciliation Accountant
at Sutton Bank
- 21-Aug-2019 (EST)
- Attica, OH, USA
- Full Time
Responsible for assisting with the accounting, payroll, and prepaid/payments functions for the Bank. Ensures that proper accounting principles are consistently and appropriately applied to maintain the integrity of the Bank's financials. Responsible for ensuring all general ledger and internal accounts are reconciled to supporting detail on a periodic basis depending on account and function.
Education: Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance program.
Experience: Two years of related experience and/or training.
A: Job Specific:
- Prepare entries for various pre-paid card programs, to include but not be limited to, loads, interchange, and withdrawals.
- Liaison with Program Managers, Processors, and the Sutton Prepaid team for all funds movement and accounting.
- Escheatment oversight and accounting, coordinated with the Compliance Department to execute reporting and execution of funds.
- Prepare entries for draw-down requests from all card networks (Visa/MasterCard/Discover/Pulse/ Networks, etc.).
- Reconcile cardholder activity for the various card programs with internal bank accounts and research any discrepancies. The program determines the frequency.
- Review internal bank accounts associated with the various pre-paid card programs and research any abnormal activity.
- Invoice Prepaid Program Managers monthly.
- Review Reserve Balances daily/weekly to verify there is sufficient funds held at Sutton Bank for funding activity.
- Post any adjustments requested by the program manager(s) after the transaction has been verified.
- Review Data Lake Dashboard reports and act on any activity with appropriate research.
- Maintain the prepaid card invoice tracking spreadsheet.
- Maintain the prepaid card activity tracking spreadsheet.
- ICS/CDARS Daily Review/Monthly Reconciliation.
- Reconcile accrued and prepaid expense ledgers monthly.
- Balance cash advance DDA account with the G/L on a monthly basis.
- Balance deposits on a monthly basis. Research and correct discrepancies.
- Reconcile cash items on a monthly basis.
- Reconcile Fixed Assets on a monthly basis.
- Reconcile Other Assets/Liabilities on a monthly basis
- Reconcile/review and/or ensure reconciliation of all Internal Checking Accounts.
- Reconcile all appropriate accounts within the required timeframes; to include but not be limited to: Federal Reserve, United Bankers Bank, loan and escrow, bank check accounts, FHLB, and medical DDA accounts.
- Maintain monthly ACH transaction spreadsheet for board and management reporting.
- Reconcile Visa receivable credit card account monthly.
- Reconcile Shazam Debit and ATM settlement general ledger bi-monthly.
- Assist with and serve as back-up for payroll processing.
- Prepare and pay all workers' compensation payments. Update spreadsheets with rates and gross wages.
- Maintain employee deferral and profit sharing totals for the 401k/ESOP Plan. Work with the Plan Administrator to ensure matches are applied and profit sharing totals are adjusted appropriately.
- Process and pay monthly insurance/benefit related bills.
- Process and pay garnishments in the form of tax levies, liens, and support notices from customer accounts. Maintain authorization records.
- Process payroll reports to coordinate with the G/L. Update block to run the expense and offset with the appropriate credits.
- Maintain and process employee HSA deductions/deposits.
- Maintain and process payroll taxes for appropriate state and local agencies (if applicable).
- The ability to communicate effectively and clearly, both in verbal and written communications.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong knowledge of the business area that is being supported.
- Self-directed and motivated.
- The ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Ability to calculate figures as it relates to accounting processes.
Sutton Bank is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status