Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Compliance Investigative Analyst
at Sutton Bank
- 15-Aug-2019 (EST)
- Mansfield, OH, USA
- Full Time
The day-to-day responsibilities of this role is heavily in the pre-paid card program area, this position is responsible for reviewing transaction monitoring alerts, program manager reports/escalations and internal referrals and escalating unusual activity to case for further investigation. Manage a caseload of investigations for prepaid card and/or core banking products, by performing analysis of account activities and work cases from beginning to completion according to Sutton's AML procedures and policies, documenting and reporting the investigation findings and preparing case files. Writing and filing Suspicious Activity Reports (SARs) for review by the BSA/AML officer and recommend relationship retention or termination, and initiate and track account closures as required. Respond to law enforcement inquires. Assist as required with the reviewing and responding to 314a, subpoena, and 314b (upon participation) request. Document all research and analysis conducted in the conjunction with case management. Participate in program manager reviews, prepaid card committee as required and interact with Senior Management on AML issues.
Education: Bachelor's degree. A minimum of six years of compliance experience. Or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Licenses/Certifications: CAMS Certification preferred.
Experience: Six years of compliance experience or equivalent banking work experience in regulatory compliance, or other related area of banking, with at least three years of direct compliance experience. Minimum 5 years of solid SAR writing experience required; preferably in a commercial bank with thorough knowledge of banking laws and regulations and understanding of financial services regulatory and compliance environment. A combination of experience, training and education may be considered in lieu of the above credentials.
A: Job Specific:
- Serve as the subject matter expert on transactional analysis, drafting Suspicious Activity Reports and investigating assistance on both core bank products and prepaid card products.
- Perform detailed analysis/investigation of complex transactions and adverse media on banking clients to identify potentially suspicious activity such as structuring and high risk wire activity.
- Draft narratives of findings and suspicious activity reports (SARs) pursuant to FinCEN guidance and continuing filing requirements
- Responsible for ongoing follow ups on all SAR filings.
- Streamline SAR/AML writing process and reviews reports written by other team members, with knowledge of regulator preferences and requirements.
- Liaison with law enforcement agents and agencies as required on potentially suspicious activity and requests for back-up SAR documentation.
- Interact directly with the Bank's business personnel regarding account activity, BSA regulations and know your customer requirements; accurately resolve compliance issues and provide guidance about client activity.
- Conduct enhanced due diligence research and complete reports.
- Stay abreast of and analyze compliance trends, of money laundering patterns, BSA and Patriot Act and financial crime activity.
- Assist with training analysts and new staff members on procedures and conducting account activity reviews.
- Demonstration and application of core knowledge of money laundering patterns, BSA and Patriot Act, financial crime activity and other compliance regulations is required.
B: Company Specific:
- Effectively uses Microsoft Office Suite and other applicable software solutions.
- Complies with organizational policies and procedures.
- Represents the organization in a positive and professional manner.
- Attends all mandatory in-services and staff meetings.
- Maintains confidentiality of customer and organization information.
- Maintains effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work tasks or the work environment; adjusting effectively to work with new structures, processes, requirements or cultures.
- Responsible for compliance with the Bank Secrecy Act, and Anti-Money Laundering laws and regulations, including but not limited to, the USA PATRIOT Act and OFAC.
- The ability to communicate effectively and clearly, both in verbal and written communications.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong knowledge of the business area that is being supported.
- Self-directed and motivated.
- The ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Superior analytical skills.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from employees, customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Ability to effectively present information to top management and employee groups.
- Ability to write training documents, policies, procedures and correspondence.
- Well versed in regulations and laws that affect the Bank's Compliance Program.
- Ability to comprehend government instructions, develop programs and train personnel.
Sutton Bank is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.