Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Maintenance Technician - Columbus
at Tanger Outlets
As Maintenance Technician, you contribute to the efficient and effective operations of the facility. You ensure a clean, well-run, and well-maintained facility that contributes to making Tanger a First Choice destination and best in class shopping experience.
In this role, you take a “hands on” proactive approach to performing operations and maintenance tasks, which includes identifying potential problem areas, offering solutions, and with the appropriate approval—taking action in an efficient and effective manner.
We look to you to champion improvements and tackle problems in a positive and encouraging manner. If you are an enthusiastic individual who thrives in a challenging, forward thinking and fast-paced team environment, then maybe this is the job for you. Tanger Outlets offers a dynamic learning environment with opportunities to advance and learn alongside accomplished business leaders.
We offer excellent benefits for our full-time team members, to list a few:
- Competitive salary
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- 401(k) with generous match
- Paid PTO, Holidays and Bereavement Leave
- Paid volunteer hours
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Wellness Incentives
How can you contribute to what we do?
- Possessing a strong attention to detail, you perform duties in alignment with Tanger’s high standards of excellence in the areas of general maintenance, snow removal, minor housekeeping, and landscaping.
- Customer-centric and community oriented, you exhibit a positive attitude and enthusiastically share the excitement of Tanger Outlets with shoppers, vendors, and our retailers to develop positive working relationships.
- With a strong focus on safety, you work and encourage others to work in a manner that considers safety first and quickly report any unsafe practices or potential hazards.
- Being diligent in your work and focused on excellence, you maintain and service all equipment, tools, and monitor supplies.
What will you bring to us?
- You are comfortable completing painting projects, completing roof inspections, executing sidewalk/common area inspections, performing snow removal, completing minor electrical and plumbing repairs, inspecting restrooms, assisting with trash program, power washing, and various other duties as related to the upkeep of the facility.
- You are an exceptional communicator with a passion for people. You have strong interpersonal skills and are comfortable working in a team-oriented environment.
- You are well-versed in best practices for maintenance of a property and equipment, safety, and janitorial duties.
- You can read and interpret logs and reports and maintain and understand detailed record keeping.
- You can make critical decisions in response to situations demonstrating expert judgement.
- You love working outdoors and have no problem being outside when the weather is less than ideal.
- You are proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel and able to quickly learn Tanger systems.
- Working a flexible schedule to accommodate business needs, including holidays, is no problem.
- Your education includes a minimum of High School Diploma or equivalent.
Who will you work with?
- Your role at our Columbus center includes working with the management team, customer service representatives, vendors, tenants, security, housekeeping, and shoppers. You collaborate with your team as well as corporate office staff located at our headquarters in Greensboro, North Carolina.
Partner with Tanger Outlets and be a part of our extraordinary team!
Tanger Factory Outlet Centers, Inc. (NYSE: SKT), is a publicly-traded REIT headquartered in Greensboro, North Carolina that presently operates and owns, or has an ownership interest in, a portfolio of 39 upscale outlet shopping centers. Tanger's operating properties are located in 20 states coast to coast and in Canada, totaling approximately 14.3 million square feet, leased to over 2,800 stores which are operated by more than 500 different brand name companies. The Company has more than 38 years of experience in the outlet industry. Tanger Outlet Centers continue to attract more than 181 million visitors annually. Tanger provides our shoppers the latest and most popular brands, at the best price anywhere. Tanger is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Workplace. All employment decisions are based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
E-Verify® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security
EOE. Drug-free workplace. Excellent benefits. Competitive compensation based on experience. A background check will be conducted for this position.