Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Distribution Associate (Days & Nights)
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 05689
Tarkett is seeking an experienced and strategic Distribution Associate to join our successful and growing team in Middlefield, Ohio. In this position you will have the opportunity to operate and process orders and inventory associated with delivering accurate, on-time, damage free shipments to customers. Reports directly to Shift Supervisor.
At Tarkett, we believe in creating value for our customers in a sustainable way. We want our products and activities to contribute positively to the environment and people's quality of life. If this sounds like an amazing opportunity to you, we invite you to REDESIGN THE FUTURE OF SOCIETY WITH US!
ESSESNTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Pulling, ordering, and transferring inbound/outbound product using tow-motor/reach truck
- Responsible for maintaining good communication with shift Associates. Management, Customer Service, Production, Billing/Logistics, and Coordinators.
- Meet customer requirements and maintain high quality customer service while processing customer orders for shipment.
- Inventory (Cycle-counting)
- Follow and enforce company policies and procedures (i.e. Human Resources, Safety, Quality and Environment).
- Perform special projects / tasks as required by the management team.
- Demonstrate professionalism and courtesy when communicating, regardless of the method.
- Verify all outbound shipments for proper routing, completeness, and shipment stability while following all order specific instructions (as needed).
- Assist in creating accurate bills of lading when needed.
- Assist warehouse associates with system related issues.
- Operate fork lifts in a fast paced dock environment safely and efficiently.
- Operate reach trucks in close quarters and at heights to exceed 30 feet.
- Perform duties assigned in 12' row and TSP area
- Able to perform at a level consistent with the productivity metrics, established for pulling and storing operations
- Responsible for facility cleanliness
REQUIREMENTS (including educational requirements)
- Ability to follow company safety standards/protocols
- High school Diploma/GED
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Proven problem solving skills
- Strong team player
- Strong organizational skills
- Drive for results and accountability
- Excellent listening and communication skills
- Perform work within Distribution Center based on business needs. This includes performing duties on various equipment
- Occasional reaching, bending and lifting objects weighing 30-105 lbs. to shoulder level or above
- Vision and manual dexterity for frequent (hourly) keyboarding / PC use.
Vision sufficient to read labels & tickets, and to safely navigate high volume pedestrian and machine traffic.
- Ability to move throughout the 220,000 square ft. Distribution Center, enter truck trailers, climb on and off (and operate machines).
- Standing: Constantly (greater than 80% of workday)
- Walking: Constantly (greater than 50% of workday)
- Bending and Twisting: Constantly (greater than 80% of workday)
- Temperature Extremes (percent of time working in non-climate controlled, production environment): Constantly (greater than 80% of workday)
- Working in a very fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Multiple demands (from employees, Managers and Customer).
- Frequent distractions and interruptions.
- Operate tow-motor, reach truck, and stock picker continuously for the duration of shift
- Equipment operation experience
- 3 Years of Warehouse/Distribution experience
- Experience with SAP - preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suites
- Strong attendance record and punctuality
Maximum Training Period : 15 calendar days from start of position