Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
- Lending Operations
- Hamilton, OH, USA
- Base + Commission
- Full Time
*Base + Strong incentive structure*
Telhio is a full service credit union offering our members online banking, mobile apps, savings accounts, mortgages, and auto loans. The credit union philosophy is helping people versus making a profit, earnings are returned to the member-owners as higher savings rates, lower loan rates, lower fees, more convenient locations, new services, dividends, and more.
We are currently looking for an experienced Lending Consultant that can support loan growth and member retention by providing extraordinary service to our membership, community and team.
The Lending Consultants are lenders that receive internal and external calls from members to uncover their lending needs. They provide members with products and services to best suit them to build lasting relationships. They are problem solvers and solutions specialist that collaborate with Underwriters, Processors and Branch Retail teams. The Lending Consultant focus would be to use Inbound and Outbound Lending techniques, which will provide assistance in meeting Corporate Consumer and Home Equity loan objectives. They also uphold and embody Telhio Core Values of Caring, Commitment and Integrity.
- Meets or exceeds activity metrics for loans, payment protection, outbound calls, inbound calls, customer service and prospecting time.
- Outbound calling, using lead list and network of 85,000 members and growing, to target both existing members with lending needs and external potential members who meet the qualifications to become a member and have a need base for one of our lending products.
- Demonstrates active listening and uses effective questioning skills to gather member needs.
- Inform Members about Products & Services other than those requested (including current promotions) based on each member's financial information learned during interactions.
- Maintaining detailed tracking of pipeline management and of prospect data and activities.
- Scheduling member due dates for obtaining documents, ordering appraisals, and aligning closing dates and times.
- Identifying referral opportunities with other lines of business within the Credit Union.
- Be able to build long lasting relationships where you are a member's main contact for all of their lending needs.
- Knowledge of Equal Credit Opportunity Act
- Attention to detail
- Analytical and quantitative skills
- Listening to and Reading people
- Effective communication skills (oral and written)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to operate computer terminal and calculator
- MS Excel, MS Word and MS Outlook
- High School graduate or G.E.D.
- BS/BA degree preferred
- Knowledge of all consumer loan products
- 1 year of lending experience minimum
- Knowledge of regulations, policies and procedures
- Telhio applicants must be able to pass a background check including: Credit, Drug Screen, Bondability, & Criminal Background
- Must have a valid/unexpired driver's license
We provide Health, Dental, Vision Disability, & Life insurance, complemented by free gym memberships for employees enrolled in our Health insurance. We offer a 5% matching, immediately vested 401(k) plan. Our generous schedule for paid holidays, vacation and personal time allow you the flexibility you need to maintain work-life balance; and we also offer employee training and an Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, you will need to have good manual dexterity as well as speaking and hearing ability. This position requires sitting; some reaching; standing; some stooping or kneeling. The employee must occasionally lift and move up to 50 pounds. It is expected that the employee will read, compile, compute and record numerical and statistical data. Must drive occasionally.
Telhio is an equal opportunity employer