The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at The Geo Group
Facility: ABRAXAS OF OHIO
Compensation Base: 11.25
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Abraxas Youth and Family Services is a national leader in the operation of residential treatment facilities and community-based programs for troubled youth and their families. We offer a wide array of services to include life skills, mental health services, cognitive behavioral therapy, family counseling, drug and alcohol treatment, case management services, recreational activities as well as vocational and educational services. Abraxas is a great place to start your career whether you have a high school diploma or GED, military experience, some college, or a bachelor or advanced degree. If you are interested in counseling, juvenile justice, psychology, social work, teaching or just want to make a difference, we have a career path for you. Help change lives at Abraxas Youth and Family Services.
This is a support position providing a full range of services to assist the dietary department in the day to day operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Major Activity: Prepares and serves daily meals.
- Provides support for the dietary department by cooking and serving daily meals to the clients.
- Ensures that the meals served are in compliance with regulatory and licensing
- Prepares meals in accordance with the established menu.
Major Activity: Maintains cleanliness of dietary department.
- Maintains the kitchen, dining room and other food storage and preparation areas in sanitary condition.
- Washes dishes after each meal.
- Ensures that food storage areas are clean and orderly with stock put away accordingly.
- Maintains the serving line in a clean and orderly fashion, including polishing all stainless steel surfaces.
Major Activity: Completes required documentation.
- Completes all necessary dietary related forms/reports as needed. To include but not be limited to: Sharps Inventory, Meal Production Forms, Attendance Forms, all cleaning and cooking checklists and Unit Temperature Checklist.
REQUIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school diploma or GED and at least 20 hours of instruction in food safety
- At least twenty-one (21) years of age.
- Criminal clearances (Specific State & child clearances and, if necessary, FBI).
- Non-communicable diseases physical exam.