The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at The Geo Group
Facility: ABRAXAS OF OHIO
Compensation Base: 15.00
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
2775 State Route 39
Abraxas Youth and Family Services is a national leader in the operation of residential treatment facilities and community-based programs for troubled youth and their families. We offer a wide array of services to include life skills, mental health services, cognitive behavioral therapy, family counseling, drug and alcohol treatment, case management services, recreational activities as well as vocational and educational services. Abraxas is a great place to start your career whether you have a high school diploma or GED, military experience, some college, or a bachelor or advanced degree. If you are interested in counseling, juvenile justice, psychology, social work, teaching or just want to make a difference, we have a career path for you. Help change lives at Abraxas Youth and Family Services.
- This is a direct service position providing a full range of services directed toward the therapeutic care and rehabilitation of adolescents. Incumbent participates in the planning, organization and delivery of cross-disciplinary services, (i.e., case work, counseling, specialized treatment, etc.) according to individual skills and abilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Major Activity: Performs IOP’s, case management, crisis intervention, family counseling and individual and group counseling.
- Works and counsels with individual residents to effect and monitor treatment and progress.
- Utilizes group-counseling techniques to effectively monitor and enhance treatment progress.
Major Activity: Develops and implements resident Treatment Plans.
- Contacts residents to evaluate needs and specific requirements.
- Works with resident’s families to understand case history and life environment.
- Works with colleagues and agency staff to develop specific effective Treatment
- Works with external agency staff (probation officers, case workers) to understand case history and identify specific treatment needs.
- Coordinates the implementation of treatment related activities.
Major Activity: Maintains necessary documentation.
- Ensures compliance with clinical programming.
- Enforces facility rules and standards of behavior.
- Maintains and completes required documentation prior to the end of the shift. To include: Communication Log, Incident Reports, Progress Notes, and treatment related documentation.
- Prepares reports as required by Abraxas and external sources. To include:Progress Reports, Court Reports, Discharge Summaries, etc.
- Maintains necessary documentation as it relates to individual and group
Minor Activity: Provides for the physical care and safety of the residents.
- Ensures clients receive essential supplies, such as food, clothing and hygiene
- Maintains eyeball supervision and proximity control to ensure clients are safe and secure at all times.
- Performs issues interventions when needed, including safely and effectively managing aggressive behavior.
- Monitors resident movement.
- Screens residents returning to the facility.
- Reports significant changes in the behavior, attitude, and physical condition of residents to appropriate supervisory staff.
This position does not provide supervision
REQUIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- At least 21 years of age.
- Experience in social work, crisis intervention, and counseling.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to utilize a team concept of supervision.
- BA/BS degree in chemical dependency, psychology, social work, counseling, nursing or other related field, with at least one year of related experience.