The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at The Geo Group
Facility: ABRAXAS OF OHIO
Compensation Base: 18.50
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Abraxas Youth and Family Services is a national leader in the operation of residential treatment facilities and community-based programs for troubled youth and their families. We offer a wide array of services to include life skills, mental health services, cognitive behavioral therapy, family counseling, drug and alcohol treatment, case management services, recreational activities as well as vocational and educational services. Abraxas is a great place to start your career whether you have a high school diploma or GED, military experience, some college, or a bachelor or advanced degree. If you are interested in counseling, juvenile justice, psychology, social work, teaching or just want to make a difference, we have a career path for you. Help change lives at Abraxas Youth and Family Services.
This is a support position providing a full range of services to ensure the medical care and well being of the residents.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Major Activity: Provides routine medical services to residents.
- Dispenses physician prescribed and non-prescription medication as needed.
- Responds to medical emergencies.
- Assists in the treatment of residents under the direction of the Nurse Manager and/or a physician (may take direct orders from the physician under the supervisions of the Nurse Manager).
- Promotes good health habits, hygiene and nutrition with the residents.
- Participates in clinical activities as needed. Makes appropriate referrals to the physician and/or other medical agencies/practitioners as needed.
- Coordinates with external agencies and contract providers to ensure appropriate medical and dental care.
Major Activity: Maintains necessary documentation.
- Maintains medical files for all residents.
- Assists in the development of policies and procedures as they relate to the medical department.
- Maintains inventory of drugs and other medical supplies.
- Maintains record of medications dispensed.
Major Activity: Maintains regulatory compliance.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state and local licensing requirements.
- Ensures compliance with program policies and procedures.
- Ensures compliance with exposure control plans.
This position does not provide supervision
REQUIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- Licensed Practical Nurse, licensed in Ohio.
- Familiarity with pharmacological aspects of drug abuse.
- Emergency medical aid experience.
- Licensed to dispense medications.