The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
YOUTH CRISIS MONITOR
at The Geo Group
Facility: ABRAXAS OF OHIO
Compensation Base: $13.00 per hour
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Join Our TEAM - Youth Crisis Monitor, Behavioral Specialist, Crisis Specialist, Security Monitor
ALL clients are MALE; must be able to address and manage negative client behavior.
2775 State Route 39
Oversees the safety and integrity of the unit at night while patients are sleeping. Remains alert and responsive to the unit and patients during sleeping hours and during morning wake up.
- Supervise the behavior of clients in one of our multiple residential units.
- Must remain fully alert, attentive and responsive during work hours.
- Conducts nightly safety checks.
- Conducts bed/body checks in not less than 15 minute intervals.
- Documents unsafe conditions and notifies appropriate persons about these conditions.
- Utilizes crisis intervention techniques and is able to identify potential conflicts and intervene.
- Uses appropriate terminology to accurately record incidents in patient records and shift reviews and complete such in a timely manner.
- Maintains professional boundaries and identify issues related to them.
- Adheres to confidentiality requirements.
Ability to de-escalate patients that are agitated with potential for violence. Ability to perform a variety of activities in an atmosphere of change. Handle stressful situations calmly. Participates in the identification, stabilization and resolution of potential crisis. Must be able to identify when assistance is needed, and to secure assistance when needed.
The following education requirements are acceptable for this classification including:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- At least twenty-one (21) years of age.
- Criminal clearances (specific State & child clearances and, if necessary, FBI).
- Non-communicable diseases physical exam.
- Valid driver's license from employee’s state of residence.