Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Accounts Receivable Specialist
at Tire Discounters
Responsible for the cash application and reconciliation along with key account collections for the company. In addition, this role is the main point of contact for communication/issue resolution with our stores and customers through our Accounts Receivable e-mail box.
- Responsible for collection efforts on select customer accounts that Tire Discounters (TDI), does business with, and works with the customer along with internal TDI resources collect the receivables of TDI.
- Responsible for ensuring that all non-credit related customer Masterfile data is current in our Point-Of-Sale (POS), system.
- Reconciles daily Accounts Receivable activity with the POS detail to ensure that all records have been transmitted properly and where necessary works with the Accounts Receivable Manager and Controller to identify root causes for discrepancies and provide remediation action.
- Ensures that customers receive daily invoices based on prior day activity and monthly statements to facilitate prompt payment on customer accounts.
- Monitors the group accounts receivable e-mail box and resolves issues/answers questions which arise from this communication.
- Responsible for the appropriate posting of cash receipts and balancing the daily lockbox deposits to POS detail.
- Works to resolve issues on unallocated payments and ensure payments are posted correctly to the account.
- Reporting on a weekly basis the status of past due account collection efforts to the Accounts Receivable Manager and Controller.
- Maintain tax exemption certificate database.
- Assist with the setup and review of Store Accounts related to credit limit approval and increase requests.
- Other Ad-hoc duties projects or requests from the AR Manager or other senior managers as the need arises.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Working knowledge of Microsoft, Point-Of-Sale and ERP applications
- Excellent communication skills, written or verbal.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Ability to operate as both an individual contributor as well as in a team setting.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum High School Diploma or G.E.D. required.
- Associates degree in Finance, business, accounting or equivalent preferred.
- Three plus years in Accounts Receivable and Collections preferred.
- Good verbal and written communications skills.
- A working knowledge of MS Word and Excel.
- Maintains a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
Tire Discounters, headquartered in Cincinnati, Ohio, is a Midwest based family owned and operated company. Started in 1976, the company has grown to over 120 plus stores and still growing. Tire Discounters stores are in many major cities throughout Ohio, Kentucky, Indiana, Tennessee, Georgia, and Alabama. Our company was rated the 7th largest independent tire retailer in the United States, voted as #1 Tire Store in Cincinnati for 11 years running, and the #1 Auto Repair Retailer in Cincinnati for the past 4 years.
Qualified candidates may call our Career Hotline at (513) 618-7880 for more information about this position or other career opportunities with Tire Discounters.