Trek Bicycle Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Trek Bicycle Corporation
Our mission is to create products we love and take care of our customers. We value our team, making sure the best is on the field. We also appreciate new ideas from anywhere, inspiring others with our positive energy, dealing with reality to make the tough calls, and getting things done quickly, turning ideas into reality.
Come, join us, and help us transform the world, the bicycle, and have a blast while doing it!
The service adviser is responsible for coordinating operational aspects of the customer facing Trek Certified Service area. The service adviser is responsible for ensuring the customers’ bikes are being repaired in a safe and efficient manner by recommending the proper service their bike needs. This is accomplished by the timely and effective execution of all the variables related to checking in bikes, repairing, and providing a unique and positive repair experience built upon quality products, repair work and excellent customer service.
Position Responsibilities: The following are the performance objectives for this position. In assessing competency and fit, all candidates will be benchmarked against these standards.
- Ensure High-Quality Customer Service: Monitor the quality of customer service through observation of the service department. Holds service team accountable for delivering high quality customer service. Review customer repair requests, ensure communication with customers. Willingness to greet and work with all store customers within the service center and on the sales floor.
- Oversee Daily Service Operations: Actively engage with customers to diagnose and recommend bicycle repairs. Additionally, work with service team to ensure work orders ready for pick-up have been communicated with the customer.
- Develop Service Employees: Organize, implement and validate mechanic training through Trek Certified Service (TCS): Validate consistency of work order labor and bike builds, Ascend (retail management software) training, training of service team to properly execute test ride checks and ensuring mechanics are up to date on the latest technologies.
- Manage and Control Service Costs: Review daily/weekly/monthly service reports with the service manager and be prepared to address all variances.
- Active Professional Development: Attendance of multiple Trek Certified Service (TCS) classes in Waterloo, Wisconsin. Active participant in Trek University. Proactive approach to staying up to date with industry changes.
While not necessary a history of working on bicycles is recommended. Experience creating and maintaining an outstanding customer experience is a must. Commitment to a safe, clean and fun environment for employees and customers. Willingness to learn; attend Trek Certified Service classes and other industry training opportunities throughout the year.
We are an E-Verify employer.