Veolia North America
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Veolia North America
Veolia Water Technologies Dayton is a full-service industrial water management company with a focus on a cost effective blend of service, chemistry and equipment technologies. With our balanced process management approach to water-related issues, we are able to create and implement innovative, sustainable, custom water solutions that reduce the overall cost of operation and compliance. Veolia Water Technologies, an industry leader in providing water and wastewater solutions to industrial and municipal customers. Veolia Water Technologies is a Veolia company. Veolia provides water services through public-private partnerships and industrial outsourcing agreements and is comprised of the top water professionals in every corner of the globe. Our parent company, Veolia Environnement (VE), is a world leader in environmental services. VE is based in France and is comprised of four business segments that serve the environmental needs of customers globally: Veolia Water, Veolia Environmental Services, and Veolia Energy.
This position is responsible for the new product development of assigned product lines and sustainment of those product lines. Also responsible for support in tender phase and project execution involving respective product lines and any project related engineering changes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supports the pre-design stage of new product development with specifications development and process description as well as preliminary Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs)
- Develops of Process Flow Diagrams (PFDs) and Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs)
- Reviews detail equipment designs as compared to P&IDs and other design documents
- Reviews and understands equipment requirements (specifications, standards, etc.) in order to address them during the design process
- Develops process calculations, process models involving in-house or 3rd party tools/software packages.
- Creates and/or actively participates in the review process of 3D models of the equipment
- Leads or supports the tender phase of new proposals developments.
- Supports project execution within the department
- Aids in the interaction with internal and external customers as required
- Assists in providing technical and functional guidance to other employees
- Support standard equipment by providing start-up, commissioning support, pilot studies, troubleshooting or any other on-site field work as required.
- Assists in updating commercial and technical documents for product lines and projects
- Works with the project manager to clearly identify customer’s needs and assist in development of project execution strategies
- Provides technical support, both practical and strategic, throughout projects including proposing solutions at customer meetings which may require development of presentation materials
- Provide support to project management in the recognition and development of change order opportunities or risk assessment throughout execution of project
- Interprets project technical specifications
- Receives project Handover Packages and turnover documentation with a full understanding of the as-sold requirements
- Provides technical support to the field services team during project commissioning and startup execution or leads/carries out the start-up/commissioning phase of project
- Leads any process/performance testing on site to meet the project performance guarantees
- Complies with all safety and housekeeping regulations
At Veolia North America, we offer our customers a wide range of environmental solutions and help address their environmental and sustainability challenges. By blending our innovative business model with our employee’s skills in operations, engineering, and technology, we are able to supply our customers with the complete package. Our services encompass three areas: energy, water, and waste. At Veolia, we are more than the world’s leading provider of environmental solutions – we are dedicated to customized, cost-effective solutions that reflect best practices, environmental protection, and a better quality of life!
Veolia is a dynamic and rewarding place to work – our management team values and recognizes the unique talents and potential of all employees. In addition, we offer our employees excellent rewards and a dynamic, professional work environment. We also provide a comprehensive benefit package to our employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, employee matched 401(k) retirement plan, tuition reimbursement plan, paid time off for vacation, sick and personal leave, and much more!
Are you ready to take your career to the next level? Join the Veolia North America Talent Network today and check out our current opportunities!
What is a Talent Network?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical Engineering, or other related field
- Thorough knowledge of membrane separation (RO, UF, NF, EDI), media filtration, and ion exchange
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
- Acute attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to plan and organize projects
- Must be proficient in the following programs: MS Office, AutoCAD
- Minimum of 8-10 years of related work experience
VWS offers you a competitive compensation and benefits package, along with a dynamic work environment. We offer challenging projects and training to ensure you success.