Veolia North America
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Waste Water Operator
at Veolia North America
Veolia Water Technologies, Inc. Industrial Solutions is a full-service industrial water management company with a focus on a cost effective blend of service, chemistry and equipment technologies. With our balanced process management approach to water-related issues, we are able to create and implement innovative, sustainable, custom water solutions that reduce the overall cost of operation and compliance. Veolia Water Technologies, an industry leader in providing water and wastewater solutions to industrial and municipal customers. Veolia Water Technologies is a Veolia company. Veolia provides water services through public-private partnerships and industrial outsourcing agreements and is comprised of the top water professionals in every corner of the globe. Our parent company, Veolia Environnement (VE), is a world leader in environmental services. VE is based in France and is comprised of four business segments that serve the environmental needs of customers globally: Veolia Water, Veolia Environmental Services, and Veolia Energy.
This position is responsible for controlling treatment plants machines and equipment to purify and clarify water for permitted industrial uses.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operates and controls electric motors, pumps, and valves to regulate flow of water into treatment plant.
- Collect and test water samples to determine concentration levels and impurities.
- Perform all scheduled maintenance, service, and new installations of water treatment equipment.
- Responsible for accurate record keeping of client data such as residual content of chemicals, water turbidity, and water pressure.
- Comply with all client safety parameters.
- May be responsible for compiling data for Environmental Protection Agency.
- Coordinate with other operators throughout customer plant in order to maintain the plants water treatment equipment.
- Consult with customers in the operations of their wastewater plant to determine the best treatment for their wastewater.
- Coordinate with Veolia's purchasing department to order wastewater treatment supplies, such as equipment and chemicals, in order to maintain the client’s wastewater treatment equipment.
- Compile data for monthly operating report to in house management and client management.
- Responsible for training client’s personnel in the proper operating procedures for wastewater treatment equipment.
- Troubleshoot problems within client’s wastewater treatment equipment and coordinate repairs as necessary.
- Advise client on the appropriate methods for hazardous waste spill clean ups, recycle programs, energy savings programs, and water usage reduction.
At Veolia North America, we offer our customers a wide range of environmental solutions and help address their environmental and sustainability challenges. By blending our innovative business model with our employee’s skills in operations, engineering, and technology, we are able to supply our customers with the complete package. Our services encompass three areas: energy, water, and waste. At Veolia, we are more than the world’s leading provider of environmental solutions – we are dedicated to customized, cost-effective solutions that reflect best practices, environmental protection, and a better quality of life!
Veolia is a dynamic and rewarding place to work – our management team values and recognizes the unique talents and potential of all employees. In addition, we offer our employees excellent rewards and a dynamic, professional work environment. We also provide a comprehensive benefit package to our employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, employee matched 401(k) retirement plan, tuition reimbursement plan, paid time off for vacation, sick and personal leave, and much more!
Are you ready to take your career to the next level? Join the Veolia North America Talent Network today and check out our current opportunities!
What is a Talent Network?
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must be proficient with MS Office.
- 3 - 5 years of related work experience.
VWS offers you a competitive compensation and benefits package, along with a dynamic work environment. We offer challenging projects and training to ensure you success.