Volunteers of America
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Cook/Dietary Assistant -PT
at Volunteers of America
Careers where making a difference is part of each day!
Tiffin Rehab Center is a "Great Place to Work-Certified organization"!
We are looking for a Cook/Dietary Assistant to work at our Tiffin Rehab Center in Tiffin, OH! You will directly interact with our residents and have an opportunity to brighten their day.
***The shift will be 24-30 hours a pay period and the days will be the following:
- Days as a Cook: 5a-1:30pm, (2 shifts-weekend)
- Dietary Aide: 9:30a-6pm (1 shift)
*** Can pick up hours ***
Perks- In return, Tiffin offers flexible schedules and various pay options
1. Friendly and enjoy working with the elderly.
2. High School diploma/GED required preferred. Education in quantity cooking and therapeutic diets preferred.
3. Minimum of one year food service experience in a healthcare dietary setting preferred.
4. Must be eighteen (18) years of age.
5. General knowledge of quantity food preparation and portioned serving required.
6. Ability to communicate and work effectively with various levels of staff, residents, family members and the public.
7. Numerical ability necessary to make various computations in keeping work record, monitoring inventory control and supplies, and in recipe preparation.
8. Possesses adequate strength and endurance to meet the strenuous physical demands of preparing and carrying quantity foods.
9. Possesses coordination and dexterity required to prepare food and operate dietary equipment.
10. Able to understand and follow procedures, recipe directions, diet orders and work assignments.
11. Visual acuity and color discrimination for examining cooked and stored foods; taste and smell discrimination in determining nutritional quality and palatability of foods.
12. Works in an area that is often very hot/cold.
13. Ability to utilize computers and other electronic devices for tasks such as timekeeping, in-servicing and documentation.