Volunteers of America
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Cook-PT/16 hrs per pay Period
at Volunteers of America
Careers where making a difference is part of each day!
Autumnwood is a "Great Place to Work-Certified organization" as well as a Leading Age Ohio designated Bronze Employer of Choice!
We are looking for a part-time Cook at our Autumnwood Care Center in Tiffin, OH! As a Cook, you will directly interact with our residents and have an opportunity to brighten their day.
***The hours are 10a-6:30p, 16 hours a pay period. ***
Perks- In return, Autumnwood offers flexible schedules, various pay options, and comprehensive benefit plans. Our dining services team members are off work by 7 pm which lends to work life balance.
1. Friendly and enjoy working with the elderly.
2. High School diploma/GED required preferred. Education in quantity cooking and therapeutic diets preferred.
3. Minimum of one year food service experience in a healthcare dietary setting preferred.
4. Must be eighteen (18) years of age.
5. General knowledge of quantity food preparation and portioned serving required.
6. Ability to communicate and work effectively with various levels of staff, residents, family members and the public.
7. Numerical ability necessary to make various computations in keeping work record, monitoring inventory control and supplies, and in recipe preparation.
8. Possesses adequate strength and endurance to meet the strenuous physical demands of preparing and carrying quantity foods.
9. Possesses coordination and dexterity required to prepare food and operate dietary equipment.
10. Able to understand and follow procedures, recipe directions, diet orders and work assignments.
11. Visual acuity and color discrimination for examining cooked and stored foods; taste and smell discrimination in determining nutritional quality and palatability of foods.
12. Works in an area that is often very hot/cold.
13. Ability to utilize computers and other electronic devices for tasks such as timekeeping, in-servicing and documentation.