Volunteers of America
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Volunteers of America
Bethesda Care Center is Great Place to Work-Certified
We are looking for a Part-Time Housekeeper to join our team!
**The hours are 20 hours a week/40 hrs a pay period. (includes every other weekend).
OBJECTIVE: The Housekeeper is responsible for ensuring the cleanliness of all facility areas.
- Performs defined cleaning procedures, using various chemicals and cleaning agents, supplies and equipment, including:
- Dusting/polishing and arranging furniture or equipment.
- Mopping and polishing floors.
- Vacuuming carpets and draperies.
- Scouring and sanitizing sinks, toilets, tubs and shower areas.
- Polishing plumbing fixtures.
- Cleaning mirrors, lighting fixtures, doors, carpets and furniture.
- Washing or spot cleaning walls.
- Removing stains and debris from floors, carpets and furniture.
- Removing, transporting and disposing of trash.
- Replenishes paper products, hand soap products and wastebasket liners as needed during routine cleaning procedures.
- Maintains housekeeping cart and utility closets in sanitary and orderly condition.
- Replenishes cart supplies at end of shift in preparation for next day's use.
- Informs supervisor of supply or equipment needs.
- Keeps storage areas locked with supplies properly stored according to established procedures.
- Stores all germicides, pesticides and other toxic substances clearly labeled and locked away when not in use.
- Follows established reporting procedures for the following:
- Any damaged or loose fixtures, flooring or tiling requiring replacement or repair.
- Any unsafe or malfunctioning equipment.
- Any conditions conducive to breeding insects, rodents or other vermin.
- Attends required in-services and completes assigned on-line modules.
- Performs other duties or special assignments as directed by the Maintenance Supervisor/ Environmental Services Director.
- Previous institutional housekeeping/cleaning experience preferred.
- Ability to understand and follow procedures, work assignments, instructions, warnings and labels.
- Adequate strength, endurance and coordination to meet the strenuous physical demands of such responsibilities as dusting, mopping, vacuuming and scrubbing.
- Ability to speak, read, write and understand English.
- Ability to utilize computers and other electronic devices for tasks such as timekeeping, in-servicing and documentation.