Volunteers of America
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Housekeeping/Laundry Supervisor (FT) - 40 hrs a week
at Volunteers of America
Bethesda Care Center is Great Place to Work-Certified
We are looking for a Housekeeper/Laundry Supervisor to join our team!
~ The shift hours are 32 hours as Supervisor & 8 hours as Housekeeper per week!
OBJECTIVE: The Housekeeper/Laundry Supervisor assumes responsibilities for overall housekeeping and laundry duties of the facility.
- Supervises the delivery of housekeeping and laundry services.
- Administers personnel functions of Housekeeping and Laundry Departments:
- Interviews and hires department personnel; supervises orientation; counsels and/or disciplines employees on infractions of established rules; terminates employees when needed; conducts exit interviews of department personnel.
- Conducts performance evaluations and recommends wage changes.
- Develops, implements and maintains work routines and staffing schedules.
- Initiates and directs in-service training programs for department staff.
- Monitors monthly department expenditures to budget.
- Plans and directs all phases of facility laundry processing:
- Inspects laundry at various stages of processing for cleanliness, implements and demonstrates changes in washing and rinsing formulas or procedures as necessary to produce clean and sanitary wash.
- Establishes and monitors procedures for collecting, sorting, laundering, identifying and distributing residents' personal clothing.
- Receives, inventories, marks, stores and issues facility laundry to maintain specified level of supply for all departments and residents.
- Arranges for distribution and storage of processed laundry to ensure adequate supply of clean laundry for all departments and residents.
- Performs Laundry and Housekeeping responsibilities as necessary.
- Observes and evaluates operation of equipment and makes minor adjustments; reports machine malfunctions and breakdowns to the Maintenance Supervisor/Environmental Services Director or the appropriate service vendor.
- Recommends purchases or repairs of department equipment to the Maintenance Supervisor/Environmental Services Director.
- Attends required in-services and completes assigned on-line modules.
- Performs other duties or special assignments as directed by the Maintenance Supervisor/Environmental Services Director.
- High school graduate or equivalent education.
- Minimum of one-year supervisory experience, or three (3) years related work experience.
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with various levels of staff, residents, family members and the public.
- Numerical ability for making various computations in planning departmental objectives, keeping work records and schedules, preparing budgets, requisitioning supplies and monitoring inventory control.
- Adequate strength, endurance and coordination to meet the strenuous demands of such responsibilities as dusting, mopping, vacuuming, scrubbing, and loading and unloading washers and dryers; ability to fold and iron articles of clothing and linen.
- Ability to work flexible hours, such as during a staff shortage or an emergency situation.
- Ability to work in an area subject to heat and humidity.
- Ability to speak, read, write and understand English.
- Ability to utilize computers and other electronic devices for tasks such as timekeeping, in-servicing and documentation.